V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting on over 3,600 miles on my Sturgis run this year the only complaint I have was a sore butt. I fashioned a sheepskin cover to fit my stock Road King seat and it did help but it wasn't enough for the long haul. I've read differing articles regarding gel seat pads and one article advocating the Roho Airhawk. I don't mind the stock seat on short rides so I'm not looking to bust for a new seat. I weigh 180 pounds and don't have much natural cushion. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Saddleman, Danny Gray and Lepera all offer seats that they can install Gel pads in and still keep the original seat profile. Some like'm some don't. They can and do retain heat, so summer rides can be more brutal if the bike has been out in the sun for a long time.

Since you don't want to go for a new seat, something like the RoHo Airhawk probably makes the most sense. Besides cushening, it will provide ventilation and that goes a long way in providing comfort for the long haul.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I have the same problem. I have a gel type pad i plan on sneaking on the bike my next long trip.

I think the body position on the roadking causes all your weight to be on your butt.

The last long ride (5 hours) I was in enough pain I tried putting my feet on the passenger pegs.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I have had gel on my last two RoadSofas
I also have a sheepskin cover too.

The good:
They are very comfy and help ease the miles on my boney butt.
I really can't say say enough good things about it.

The bad
In the summer and it gets hot, so keep that sheepskin cover on it.
In the winter it can get hard and cold, until your butt warms it up.
So keep that sheepskin cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts