V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it? I do all my own maintenance and repairs. I am fairly good with a wrench and can read a service manual. The Clymers manual is not complete. Will be getting a moco manual. Any special tools needed? Is it a complex change or fairly straight fwd. Going with the DD6.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
While i dont personally have one in my bike, i have installed a bunch of them for others. I have never heard of a complaints from any of them. I have logged some miles on bikes with the baker and I love them. Installation is pretty strait forward. Quality is awesome.(Chrome trapdoor looks good too). Shifting is butter smooth and quiet as a church mouse. 6th gear is very nice for touring. The only downside is the price, but it is WELL worth it.They can also be had from on line discounters...

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I got mine from Eastern Performance Cycles in Maryland, via eBay. Got it for 2 grand and free shipping.

Straight forward install, with phone support from a good friend!!(Thanks again Danno!)

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Stay away from RevTec. Have installed 3 of 'em and all have come back with busted gears. Go with Ultima or Baker...installed 8-10 of those and not one problem. Matter of fact have a little over 10,000 on my Ultima, with a sidecar, and running smoooooooth.

BUT as I've posted here in my case the only good thing about having a 6 speed is "being able to say I have one." I'm pulling the 6 speed out of my Ultra and installing in it my Lowrider....

I've told several people to really evaluate their riding habits before investing $$$ in a 6 speed. Around town, forget it...on the highway, running 75+, get one.

o~\o

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put in the baker DD6. It works very well. I am a welder buy trade and I installed mine got 3000+ miles on now. I got the service manual for my bike and also got the proper tools. I am going to sell the tools if You are intrested used once. Main shaft bearing race tool. Main drive gear bearing remover and installer. $200.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts