V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Looking to see if anyone has the needed info to compute a excel table, or has already made one for what is needed to make different gear ratios. I'm looking to put an s.e six speed in a 06 ultra, and trying to come up with a 2.90 ratio like the 06 dynas. Thanks in advance for any help your guys can provide.

I have seen one that a member here has posted for rpms and speeds for ratios, but what i'm looking for is a calculator that will tell you the needed teeth on each gear is to achieve the ratio i already know that i want. example front tooth fial drive 30 rear pully 70 comp 25 and a clutch basket a 36. thanks again

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
You can find one here ... http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/calculators.htm

It is still a work in progress. If you have any questions about how to use it feel free to ask. I have not written the help files yet that explain complete usage but tried to make it easy to follow.

Pick your year bike, then an optional transmission (if it applies). Then you can change all the ratios by entering in different sprocket combination. You can manually enter in any values in the Yellow fields

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!

Thanks springer that works awesome.... I have one last question, any advantage to changing engine sprockets or the final drive to achieve my desired ratio? Thanks again!

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Hdryder,

Attached is a gear ratio/rpm/speed calculator (excel spreadsheet) I downloaded from this forum some time ago. Very easy to modify once unzipped.

JD​

Attachments

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fr8dog

Thanks for your reply. I also downloaded this same file, and it works great. The link springer sent me to is exactly what i was looking for but it left me asking what is better, or whats the differance between getting a desired ratio via the primary, or getting almost the same ratio via the final drive. Is one better then the other?

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
hdryder said:
Thanks for your reply. I also downloaded this same file, and it works great. The link springer sent me to is exactly what i was looking for but it left me asking what is better, or whats the differance between getting a desired ratio via the primary, or getting almost the same ratio via the final drive. Is one better then the other?
There's less labor involved doing it via the primary. No need to recalibrate speedometer or replace belt.
Might not have to change primary chain with right combination of gears.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
There you have it! Is this a great place or what? :cheers:​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts