V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be done if you do measure excessive gear lash when installing gear drive cams, on TC? I know your supposed to measure it, but can you really do anything about it? I believe with evos you could buy over and under size gears. Can you with TC? Also how many people are?

Is it a thing people are not experiencing, or somehting they just note and live with? Thanks.

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
Out of ignorance, I installed my 37g right out of the box without doing any measuring and I have some ticking and some top end noise that is a little bothersome. When it warms up a little here, Ill open it up and see what I find. I am tired of working in a cold garage and Im not all that sure exactly what Im looking for. Guess I need to call HDWRENCH and see what he suggests.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
For a gear drive there are two things we check back lash onthe cams. Gear to gear when in the plate and then we go to pinion run out. There are gear sizes for both. SO yes you can adjust it if it is tight/loose. Heevo call me , Now I know I sent you the sheets for that , LOL give me a call

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrench-So if I order from you, and have excessive lash one way or other, we exchange gears through the mail? I am stuck with the orginal gear?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I will replace the gear you need for free minus shipping,.. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE. YOU RUN IT YOU OWN IT.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How often do you see the need for over or under sized gear? Does it depend on wear of holes in plate? Manufacturing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts