V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my 211 cams in a 2004 softail efi with a 95 kit includes cast se hicomp pistons and v&h straight shots with thunder monsters,
no head work done ex springs. I dont want to change or port heads, just want to get rid of the tensioners before they go.
thanks

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Andrews TW50G and I assume you have at least 10.2/1 compression as you will need it not to have a very soggy lower speed range with this cam. Another very good bolt-in would be the Wild Things TC2g same compression note.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well I know what HD says that piston will give you but they also think that the stock head is 83-84 cc. Being that the head is more in the 86-87 cc range you would have approx 9.8 compression with a .045 head gasket, So that is a starting point. You could use tons of cams. woods 6, andrews 37, R&R 525, andrews 31, 34hq. Now What you could do is have a compression test and work backwards from there. That would give you a better idea of what you have. It would let you know if the chambers are on the large side or small side. IF you are in the mid 180's for CCp then you are at 10.1 over slightly over if you are less than that you are in the upper 9's.

This is a way that you can at least get some idea of what you have at this current time. It is not 100% accurate but as I said some idea of what you currently have.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Sure all of those cams will work too. Many would be fine but the true CR needs to be known as hdwrench said.
My response was trying to match the 211 not necessarily move out of that cams timing area and suggest others that were different and would perhaps work better if not exceeding the compression window of what started to ping or start hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts