V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 JIMS 120A and I want to get rid of the cam chain setup. The bike currently has SE264 cams and has been dyno tuned. Runs mint.

The problem: No dyno near me to re-tune, and I like the way she runs with these cams...

Is there any way to re-use these cams? Screamin eagle doesn't make gear drive cams, and I have not found a gear drive cam with the same specs... Is the secondary cam a different grind on gear drive setups because it is rotating in the opposite direction? Or are these cams symmetrical?

Not interested in the updated tensioners...

Will also be doing a camplate, oil pump, and lifters at the same time. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have an 05 JIMS 120A and I want to get rid of the cam chain setup. The bike currently has SE264 cams and has been dyno tuned. Runs mint.

The problem: No dyno near me to re-tune, and I like the way she runs with these cams...

Is there any way to re-use these cams? Screamin eagle doesn't make gear drive cams, and I have not found a gear drive cam with the same specs... Is the secondary cam a different grind on gear drive setups because it is rotating in the opposite direction? Or are these cams symmetrical?

Not interested in the updated tensioners...

Will also be doing a camplate, oil pump, and lifters at the same time. Thanks for any help!
You are correct in the fact that the secondary cam rotates in a revers rotation. as such you could not run gears on a chain cam. That and gear drives use keyways to locate them on the cams. chain drives use splines. I would try the new cams and see how it runs, you can always change jets to get the correct air-fuel mixture if nessasary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts