V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined this forum and all i can say iam so glad i did.Its got heaps of useful info_OK heres my1st question i am gonna change all the oils this weekend iam swapping to mobil1 vtwin from harley nonsynth are there any consideration i should be aware of like blending whats left of the old with the new?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
First - welcome to the forum! This has been a great resource to me and many others.

I've read of people going to lengths to remove all the old oil via suction, even letting the engine run dry. I think it's more than a bit anal at least and harmful in a worst case.

Most folks just change oil and filter as they normally would and everything is okay. That's what I and several others I know have done and no one has had any issues or problems.

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
71baldboy said:
Hi just joined this forum and all i can say iam so glad i did.Its got heaps of useful info_OK heres my1st question i am gonna change all the oils this weekend iam swapping to mobil1 vtwin from harley nonsynth are there any consideration i should be aware of like blending whats left of the old with the new?
Welcome to the Forum. I am in Tassie. Trust you will enjoy it as much as I have here.

I changed to Synthetic last weekend. Folks I talked to said not to worry bout the residual oil. My bike got a lot smoother and quieter once the new SYN was circulating.

I ran a K&N 10 Micron Filter for sheer ease of install/removal when contending with the Crank Position Sensor.

PM ME if you want the AMSOIL reps number, he is in VIC.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks FXDRYDR It confirms what I thought but just checking.It gets very hot here in sth australia during summer{just a few days away}and i reckon that it might help my bike run cooler.Oh yeah its a 94 fxdwg fairly stock with SEa/c & CS tappered turbo mufflers,SE plug leads.Ive had it since 97 and its always ran sweet and smooth.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome mate.

I can't answer your oil question cause I had the dealer perform that maintenance action. FIFTY bucks later I have synthetic oil.

I would like to join the rest of the gang and wish you a proper welcome to this very cool forum.

This is the place to ask the questions, get the answers and get some laughs.

Welcome aboard........ride safe and post up a storm

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Moved to the "Engine Oiles and Lubrications Forum". Might get more replies here. ;)

·
3,465 Posts
I think I like this guy's sense of Humor

Hey Ange,

Thanks for the Honorable mention in your welcome thread.

It;s good to see you have a fine sense of humor..........You sense I have good jokes.....JK

I have to fill you in on a few things around here:please take notes

1. I carry no weight, at least around this place. If you look at my join date you will notice I am a noobe. There for sucking up (to Me) will only get you laughs and entertain. It will however be appreciated by me to a high extent.
Thank you.

2. See no. 1

3. You are on a distinguished road......or so that green square tells me.

4. Thanks for the credit.

·
3,465 Posts
Hey, You are a runner up for the Post Hoe award. you have been a busy boy.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1st runner up goes to......

You're absolutely right my esteemed sailor friend i have been hockin' my "post box";!pstwhore but i've got a long way to go before i can take your crown.lol.:laugh:

·
3,465 Posts
You are doing great.

Thought I would stop back and give you a hard time in my usual way.

Keep up the good work and remember I am going to visit your fine land one of these decades.

Cheers

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
You won't be sorry, Popeye. The boating in Australia is second to none. The birds chirp in their own language. The furry creatures are a bit different. And the stargazing is spectacular.

Just be careful when you go, the water does go the other way in the toilet. The first time I flushed "down under" was after several of their excellent beers and a taste or three of a nice SA Cabernet. I swear the water swirled a foot straight up in the air! :yikes:

·
3,465 Posts
December 29, 2005

Dear Ange:

I would like to wish you the happiest of Down under Birthdays a person with a receding hairline could have.

I am typing this message in advance of your b-day so I will not forget to reciprocate for the fine birthday card you have sent me.

I reply as my ole lady is stuck in the snow in our drive way. She is tearing up the tires because she is clueless.....got to go and help her out.

Hope you and yours have a merry and happy exchange of gifts and fluids this holiday season.

·
3,465 Posts
HEy:

I hear it's hot in your country....well I am cold here.

Send me some sunshine and I will send you a snow ball.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts