V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since i bought my Dyna in '02 the thing I didn't like from the start was the gauges.. since then I've came up with different ways to mount them.. and at last I think I came up with something I like..I was going to run without them.. but then you always think you kinda need them so heres the better of two evils..
[/IMG]
I stuffed them in the headlamp fairing.. They are still there if I need them but out of sight ( my dresser has all the gauges I need )..here are some other shots of where they were.
here is a shot of the bracket I made to mount them on the handle bar clamp. This is the stock double cup mount just refabbed. The posts have a little angle to them to have the gauges point more to your face than the sky.
[/IMG] I did this set up with the stock 1 " risers (shown) and also for 6" pull backs ( on these the posts were perpendicular to the gauges ) Fueling up is no problem on the stock risers.. Fueling with the 6" risers required having the handle bars point straight forward to remove the cap, but the nozzle would fit ok then.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Pee Wee,

Ya know - with these things it surely is "each to his own!" I kinda like my gauges and have them in plain view. That said - your set up looks good to me too. Only other thing ya might think about is a mini tach and a gas tank mounted speedo. Nice pics!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've thought about changing tanks (lowrider or WG) But i like to tinker and build stuff.. I'm sure in time I'll swap out the tank some day and probably go aftermarket and mount the digital gauge in it.. +SMSH+

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i really like that, i need to do something like that to my 06 dyna.lots of turbulance coming off the speedo at anything over 70 mph.
where did you find the sport fairing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the '06 catalog it is on page 146 (for the wide glide, this is the one I'm running) and on page 742 for the superglide. I'm running the wide glide one be cause I changed my front end to a mid-glide set up from Arlen ness and now the headlamp mounts on the lower tree. I can still run the detachable windshield with this fairing (although I had to cut the windshield up to fit)
[/IMG] I cut it to conform around the fairing leaving only a 3/16th gap around it.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
thanks for the info. very clean application. your fabrication skills are impressive!!

merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
claydbal said:
i really like that, i need to do something like that to my 06 dyna.lots of turbulance coming off the speedo at anything over 70 mph.
i'm with you on that. i've been looking into reverse mounting mine, but the more i look at it the more inclinded to go to a WideGlide tank with speedo built in.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
How Hard Was It To Convert Your Front End To A Mid Glide, I Have A 05 Sg Would Like To Change Handle Bars And Triple Trees

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
about $600 hard .. LOL !! but worth it to me. there are a few out there . some mount the h-lamp on the top tree same as stock... the choice is yours..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts