V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently purchased a replica gas pump at a bike shop auction that was closed and auctioned to the public. I'm trying to find out some more info on it. It seems to have been made around 12-27-96 and has a S/N on the side of 96032. It is orange and black with a sunburst light up window over the price, gallons, and 0.26cents price per gallon. I've contacted HD customer service with no help. Does anyone have any info about this style of gas pump. Original price, how many made, sold to public or dealers only, etc. A pic is attached.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
95th Springer said:
It seems to have been made around 12-27-96 and has a S/N on the side of 96032. It is orange and black............ I've contacted HD customer service with no help.
I can't help but since it has H-D, serial number, orange and black, looks like someone in 'customer service' :rolleyes: or H-D corporation 'should' be able to tell something. No way someone made this(well, at least 32 were made in 1996 from serial number) and H-D wasn't aware of it. Especially if it was sitting in an authorized shop.

Maybe send a letter to H-D corporate marketing with a picture and all details??

·
Registered
296 Posts
95th Springer- Have you contacted the people at www.roadhousecollection.com
They make and sell things ( a fucking stainless grill for heavens sake) and slap the harley name on it. They currently make gas pumps and coke machines and clocks and pool tables etc... just look at their site and send them an email and let us know if thats who made your gas pump. I think those gas pumps and vending machines are cool as hell. But they can keep their grill because in Texas we'll actually use it.
Big Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have finally found out where it came from. After sending a picture to HD customer service in WI. It was a dealer only speacial order item from 96-98 only. They were made by HD and porbably less than 200-300 of them exist in the world. They sold them to dealers on request for $995 + freight bsck in the late summer of 96. The HD P/N was 99957-97DS. Here's another picture of it with the lights out.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
That is one 'collectable'! Good Steal. (if ya got it for the right price) One stealer on to another eeh? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts