V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While traveling through California a couple of years ago I bought a "Gas Pig". It's a metal piece that holds the rubber cover on a gas nozzle back while you're pumping gas. Needless to say, I can't find it and expect to need it soon. Can anyone tell me where I can find one??

Thanks in advance,
Geoff of WA

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
How sturdy is that thing? I can just see it flying off and hitting the tank. However if it does work, worth the 9 bucks?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
WTF. Just hold it back or push harder. I am not going to screw around carrying that. Not to mention its going to start to stink for gas.

I've never had a problem without. Don't do it everyday, but still.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Geoff of WA said:
Had something like this made out of heavy plastic that a dealership was giving away. Worked great. I checked out their site and noticed something on their "Contact Us" page:

Note: All hate mail from Harley owners become the sole property of NoPork.com for us to proudly display.

Now what do you think they mean by that little comment? Think they are Non-Harley because of the NoPork website URL.

o~\o

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've been all over several countries and have never seen a gas nozzle like that. I've never had anything get in my way of filling up a tank.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I've seen them in IL. The hose has to be pushed up to work. I just grabbed it. Didn't bother me. Maybe if I lived where they had them, I would want one. Dunno

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:whistle: We have those kind of pumps in urban areas in MO, but not in rural areas, just the straight gas pipe. The rubber collapsible ring supposedly keeps vapor from entering the atmosphere or some such $hit. I've had no problem using them by using the highly technological method of using the index and middle fingers of my left had to push back the the ring while inserting the nozzle and pumping the gas with my right. Just what I need is to pay $9 for one more fukin' POS to keep track of. . .And, it would appear to me if using one of those devices you have the added bonus of metal banging against your tank rather than a rubber ring. . . .Buy me two, baby. . . .

Lefty

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I've been all over several countries and have never seen a gas nozzle like that. I've never had anything get in my way of filling up a tank.
Ya ought to travel the US.. Check out Washington State, Oregon (will they let you pump your own gas out there yet), Idaho and several others.

They are a pain in the a$$ and I hate filling up my bike using 'em. I was never able to master 'em without getting gas all over my tank until I got one of those little stops from I think it was East Side Harley in Bellevue, WA.

o~\o

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Texan said:
Ya ought to travel the US.. Check out Washington State, Oregon (will they let you pump your own gas out there yet), Idaho and several others.

They are a pain in the a$$ and I hate filling up my bike using 'em. I was never able to master 'em without getting gas all over my tank until I got one of those little stops from I think it was East Side Harley in Bellevue, WA.

o~\o

I have been all over the US but I guess I've been lucky enough to avoid these stupid contraptions.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Texan said:

o~\o
Yup, we got the damn things all over the West coast in urban areas,pain in the arse they are.
Oh, and yes they finally made it leagal to pump your own gas into a motorcycle in Oregon but the attendant has to run the pump and hand you the nozzle.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Got me one of those Gas Hogs years ago. If you live or travel in a "vapor recovery gas pump" state, they're worth their weight in gold. Piice of cake on my dresser, of course you must pay attention when gassing so you don't scratch your tank. They don't smell like gas, they're aluminum. My fingers smell like gas and they're NOT aluminum! I'm gonna buy me a bunch for the guys up here, thanks for the link!!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Rock Steady said:
We have all circumsized gas nozzles around here.
Same here.

Y2K said:
...but the attendant has to run the pump and hand you the nozzle.
:blink: Goober would be proud.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Do those things really work? We have several gas stations that have those things, and they are annoying (mainly the Arco-AM/PM stations). What makes them a pain in the a$$ (for bikes) is that the ribbing has to be pulled all the way back, and if you put the nozzle in all the way to do that, it only puts a gallon or two of gas in the tank before it clicks off. I soaked myself and my bike (my 03 Lowrider) once because I was trying to fill it up and my hand slipped. I haven't had as many problems filling up my Electra Glide though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts