V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeez Gas here at some stations just went over $2.60. They say before the end of May expect $3.00 which will be pretty much the summer norm!

:nope:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
87 octane is $2.59 and 93 octane is $2.79

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm here in Phoenix. We're seeing $2.41 being the lowest unleaded all the way to $2.76 being the highest. Don't want to see what summer prices will be.
Thank goodness I'm averaging approx. 48 mpg on my RK Custom.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here in SoCal I gassed up the Lincoln yesterday. $2.99.9 for the cheapo. $3.05.9 mid grade, and $3.11.9 for the premium we have to use in the Blackwood and Harleys.

We are all getting screwed. Someone is getting very rich by making these stupid excuesed about the volatile price of oil. Giant pile of crap! The Government's solution is to add a tax, making gas more expansive, to help us conserve. They are demanding better milage from the car makers, that way we can spend 10 or 20 THOUSAND dollars for a new car that gets better milage. Guess what the gas companies will do when their volume and profit margins fall.......that's right, raise the price.

This is not Europe, we don't all drive 4 cylinder cars, or walk to work, or ride the non existant buses.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The two stations in town just went to $3.59 at the Shell and $3.49 at the off brand station, for regular grade. I import mine from up North 5 gal., maybe another 5 gal. can in my future, at a time for the return trip.
Anyone planing on riding highway 395 in the Serria Nevadas this year , advise filling up in Gardnerville NV when coming from the North (64 miles away) or in Bishop CA (90 miles South) both areas are cheaper and closer to the avarage norm. .
Enjoy the ride.....;)

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
2.65 for 87. We need to do a Bush World Tour.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
$2.35 to $2.44 for regular on Delmarva.

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
you ain't seen nuthin' yet

premium is $2.79 in Raleigh. Not wanting to start a political thread here but just wait till you see the mideast blowup from the (snicker) success of democracy over sharia run countries. can you say "rickshaws and bicycles"?

·
Registered
529 Posts
2.59-2.69 for 87 octane here in the Great North West corner of OH. This price is only good for two,three days tops. I think next year we will be lucky if gas isn't $4.00 for 87 octane.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
screwball said:
This is not Europe, we don't all drive 4 cylinder cars, or walk to work, or ride the non existant buses.
Since some are getting political. This is what the Democrats want.

Here in the Detroit, Michigan area our gas stations are owned by Arabs that all have family still in their native countries.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
it's jumped another 12 cents since I filled my truck up .. 2.56 obscene , glad I have the bike

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
anyone think there may be a trend here?

i have been driving for 35 years, and it seems that gas prices have gone up since i started.
Trend. Maybe

mean spirited republicans. maybe
fearmongering democrats, maybe
inflation. maybe
supply and demand-----------hmmmmm. nah
:roflback:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I don't see the problem :dunno:

took the kid to soccer practice last night in our 4 cylinder Accord... noticed that I was the ONLY one driving a car... ALL of the other parents had big ass full size SUV's... none of them have more than two kids, like myself...

guess they are all fine with gas prices...

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
wkohn said:
Here in the Detroit, Michigan area our gas stations are owned by Arabs that all have family still in their native countries.
they're starting to buy them around here, too.
gas was 2.49 on thurs., went to 2.59 fri/sat/sun, then back down to 2.49 mon., although some are staying 2.59

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
george248 said:
...ALL of the other parents had big ass full size SUV's...

guess they are all fine with gas prices...
It's a status symbol and yes they are all happy with paying $120+ for fuel every few days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
jockeyshift said:
It's a status symbol and yes they are all happy with paying $120+ for fuel every few days.
yeah, i love paying $8 to fill the bike while they pay $80. i take that extra $70 and get a nice dinner with the gf. heck, if i skip that a few times, i can get a decent plane ticket to somewhere.

my status lies elseware i suppose.

-dogtown
"yeah, i can pay more for dinner too, if i want, but that is usually enough."

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Better hope people keep driving those SUVs. States depend on gasoline sales for the yearly budget. Gas tax is dependant on people actually buying gas. As more people switch to hybrids and high MPG vehicles, less gas will be sold and states will seek other methods of taxation. Oregon is already considering satellite transmitters on new cars, so they can send tax bills based on mileage driven.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts