V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Livin the dream
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'98 efi rkc. The 2 lines that connect to the gas tank squirt if I push on them. What seals these on the inside? I tightend the hex but the fitting is still loose.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I had similar problem two months ago and to tell you the truth I was a little bit frighten! Gas on the hot engine! But.........after all, that was not a big deal.

So, you need just to push and pull and to turn left and right that part several times, and the part will become "alive" again, and will "slide" up'n'down again. I think that some king of spring inside the part corroded a little bit, but when you twist the part several times you will "establish" the contact between two parts and the problem will vanish.

So, my impression is that I do not need to change enything, since everything is perfect now, no leak at all.

Good luck.

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It is normal for the 2 fuel lines(supply and return) to slightly rotate within the 2 quick connect check valve fittings that screw into the tank. The check valves themselves should not move once properly installed and torqued into the gas tank. O rings are used to keep everything from leaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts