V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a Cash Back card for gas?
Which one are you using?
Had one for years and they changed the payback to just a few months out of the year. Other parts of the year it is Cash back on Dept stores and such bull.

If this in the wrong place please move.

Barney

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got a Discover card. (Open Road, I think.) It gave 5% but no more. I use it only for gas.

·
Super Moderator
20,925 Posts
+1 to BP Visa. 5% at BP stations is like 17 cents a gallon. My main issue with them is the lack of stations in my area.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How does the Discover card pay you back? Is it for all year or does it just pay back on gas for a few months of the year?

Mine used to send me a card for $25 when I reached that amount but lately changed to only a certain quarter out of the year. Was a great deal for years but they changed the dates. Marathon Card

Barney

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a shell mastercard that gave 5% on gas at a shell station and 1% elsewhere. They recently changed it requiring 45 gal per mo to get anything and a limit of $20 per month rebate. Don't really like the 45 gal requirement. Always looking for a better card. currently using the HD Visa and get 1% on everything and a little more at HD shops. The problem with all the rebate cards is the high interest rate. The only way to get anything is to pay off the balance each month.

·
Banned
589 Posts
CostCo American Express -- 3% on any gas, 2% on purchases/meals, 1% on lodging. So far this year I'm getting more than $200 in year-end refund. I don't purchase anything with cash these days except coffee. I get to use it most places. No need to search for a specific dealer.

US Bank provides me with online Bill Pay. I sit down on the laptop and specify payment amount, date of payment. Bank sends the acct. an embossed check, pays for postage, provides me with an online image of the physical check.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just use a Signature Visa - 1% back on everything. You can get up to 5% on some cards for gas, but I really like to keep the number of credit cards to a minimum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How does the Discover card pay you back? Is it for all year or does it just pay back on gas for a few months of the year?

Mine used to send me a card for $25 when I reached that amount but lately changed to only a certain quarter out of the year. Was a great deal for years but they changed the dates. Marathon Card

Barney
Discover pays year around. Accumulate $50 and get a payout.
Not sure what the % is.
I haven't been to a BP station since they destroyed the Gulf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts