V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the search feature, but I really did not find out what I wanted. Does or has anyone used the Nuvi350 from Garmin? If so, how was it.
I know there are lots of folks that like the Zumo, but the price is out of my range right now.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Nuvi350 is a great unit. I have both the Nuvi and Zumo and I prefer the Nuvi simply because it is not as bulky as the Zumo. They both perform exactly the same, the only thing you need to know is that the Nuvi is not waterproof.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Having done a lot of research on these units the Nuvi 350 seems to be a great unit. Try pricegrabber.com and you should be able to get one for around $350. I was playing with one at a demo not long ago and I'll probably be getting one soon.

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Don't forget to factor in the cost of the mount etc. Sometimes those little things add up. I've had 350 for about a year, just recently got the Zumo. The great thing about the Zumo is that it's plug and play. Everything you need is in the box. The Zumo is very robust. I don't know if it can handle vibration any better than the Nuvi, but it seems much better built from a durability perspective. You might consider the Zumo 450 as an option, but it's still 500 plus.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
MRG said:
The Nuvi350 is a great unit. I have both the Nuvi and Zumo and I prefer the Nuvi simply because it is not as bulky as the Zumo. They both perform exactly the same, the only thing you need to know is that the Nuvi is not waterproof.
I'm getting ready to step up from a basic GPS (Garmin 320) and am wondering if either of the two you have are able to have turns entered/saved
as you make them. I guess this would be considered 'way points'.
Thanks for come back!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I actually did look at the Zumo 450. I found I can get one for about 150 more than the Nuvi. I was hesitant though because I may use it in the truck as well.
Although, the Zumo seems to have everything included and the cost factor is closer then.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Does the 350 come with Mapsource for the PC. Can you plan a route on the PC and then download the complete route to the GPS, including waypoints??

Don't think the Nuvi is waterproof, is it??

·
Life's short, ride hard!
48 Posts
I have the NUVI 660 and I love it. It has the wide touch screen and once you have used a widescreen GPS you won't want to go back to a "standard" screen. The NUVI line is not waterproof but a plastic cover solves that when it rains. It also has about the brightest scren I've seen which makes it MUCH more readable in the sunlight. The 660 just placed #1 in consumer reports most recent issue for GPS also.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
I also have the Nuvi 350 and a Zumo 550 (BMW Motorcycle branded). Although the Nuvi could be used on a bike and many are, I prefer the Zumo on the bikes and I keep the Nuvi for the car. {salute(

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I recently bought my daughter the 350 for a present and she let me borrow it for a long bike trip. The only problem I had with it was not having any place to mount it on my Road King. The suction bracket really needs a flat spot to mount which I didn't have. If it was my GPS and I had time before my trip, I easily could have rigged something up. The wife wound up having to hold it and tell me when to turn. Just as well, got caught in a down pour and the Nuvi wouldn't have made it through it.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
When I bought my wiring harness from Powerlets, I didn't know I could just get a harness. I bought the whole mounting kit. That, I paid somewhere around $80 for it I think. If I called them today, I would just ask for the harness. I don't know, but I'm guessing $40 or so. It's probably worth more. They did a first class job making it. I had my indy shop actually install it, and they had no problems.
What's nice about Powerlets is that they will custom make it to fit your needs.

Best of luck,

Stan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts