V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's pretty amazing what they can do with epoxy and concrete nowadays. I just had my garage floor redone. Thought I'd share the results. The installer used the Elite Crete system (elitecrete.com). He first used a diamond grinder to remove the surface of the concrete, then put on a base coat, then the color coat, and finally a protective layer that keeps it from being slippery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
have done six garages with diy two part kits, always been pleased with the results, never looked as good as a professional job, always have looked better than stain application

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
have done six garages with diy two part kits, always been pleased with the results, never looked as good as a professional job, always have looked better than stain application
Can you post some info on the DIY kits you used.

·
Registered
96 Posts
looks great, i covered my garage with the recycled tire mattes they sell @ home depot- i found the company here that makes them, 3/4 inch thick i got, they make them in large sheets, heavy mothers, covered my garage floor, and my front steps walkway and landing, i install them for the winter months outside, no ice or anything sticks to them, they have a small textured top finish and bottom side has grooves that channels the water. best investment i made when i built the house.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
That website has some beautiful work on it. Elitecrete.com....
Single car garage for $1500 prices me out of the equation. I've seen DIY stuff that had epoxies with toss in flakes that looked OK but nothing like what OP did. I guess it's like anything else, you want the best it's gonna cost ya.
Tim

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looks nice, but that's too much $$, IMHO, to spend on a floor that's not supposed to look nice--it's a garage!!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
If you prep the surface REAL GOOD first, it works. i used a diamond grinder (rented from Home Depot), them TSP solution, and finally the acid wash that comes with the kit. After it's good and dry, you can start painting in small sections at a time since the 2 part epoxy sets up quick. I used Behr 2 part epoxy paint and I believe 1 kit covers 350 square feet? It took 3 kits to do my garage and still looks good 3 years later. You can have it tinted just about any color you want but I just used the standard gray with the flicks for traction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts