V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I just bought the H/D remote control garage door opener for my 2003 FLSTSI.
When I got it home, the directions said it is to be used with photo electric eye doors only. Well as you can guess, I don't have that kind of door. I'm off looking at replacing my garage door opener now. Any one have any thoughts on this product? Like how reliable it really is and if it truly works? It seems pretty cool. You just flash your high beams, and your door opens.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
MotoFX Bigdo

MotoFX, a sponsor on this site, sells garage door openers.

Several H/D Forum members use this product on their bikes. I use the product. Forum members have posted positive reviews about the product.

Send an e-mail to [email protected] . She is member on this site. I know her and the MotoFx people. They'll be available for tech support 24 hrs/day and they can walk you through the install. Tell MotoFX Marilyn that Jim says "hello".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Polar,
As Pasadena Jim mentioned, you can check out David Price's step by step install. It is detailed and easy to follow.

The Motofx BIGDO, Built In Garage Door Opener can work with all garage door openers. Sometimes and additional Unviersal Receiver is needed if your door is a Rolling Code, odd frequency, odd door brand or a 20 year old door.

We could have opened the Mule Brand gate listed above with a Universal Receiver/BIGDO combo however the gate was solar powered. (no place to plug the Univeral Receiver in.)

I answer tech calls 7 days a week for the convenience of my customers and would be happy to answer any specific question that you may have.

(877) moto-411
or [email protected]

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
I have one that I installed and it works great.

Read the important thread in this forum called "MOTOFX BIGDO". I detailed the step-by-step instructions and you can consider it money well spent!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Me two. After being gone a week, and riding 600 miles the last day, it was truly a relief to not have to dig around for the opener, just flashed the turn signals. greg

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a Sears garage door opener. Went there one day looking for a small key chain style I could cary in my pocket. I found one, not with the Sears label, for $19.95. It had to be programmed for the opener which is really easy. Push the green button on the back of the opener and then push the door opener button. I carry it in my left pocket and can push the button throught the pocket as I'm pulling in the drive way. It is especially handy if you have more than on bike or car.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a Polish garage door opener, also with this model, cooks, laundry and gives great head. Do YOUR openers do that???????

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
My Opener Doesn't Do That!!!

Nope, my garage door opener doesn't do that! LOL

Just saw the October issue of Free2Wheel. (That's a West Coast biker publication.) There's a very positive article about the MotoFX BIGDO (garage door opener) on page 24. The review gives the devise a thumbs "up".

Would I find use for the BIGDO if I always rode a passenger, and that passenger ALWAYS remembered to carry the garage door opener? No. But then again I can't find anyone who can always do something. Well, except for me, and I'm perfect. Ok, not quite perfect. That's why I have to have a built-in garage door opener--because I forget to have my opener in my pocket.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Rocko said:
I have a Polish garage door opener, also with this model, cooks, laundry and gives great head. Do YOUR openers do that???????
She got a sister?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I just bought the H-D garage door opener and I have a Sears garage door opener with 3 spots on the back panel to hook up the wires from the H-D receiver that has 2 wires. But I don't know which wire goes to which spot. Any help PLEASE !!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I have the Sears garage door with the rolling code. For that reason, I don't have the automatic garage door opener. I'd have to buy more equipment (additional univ. receiver) and then spend half a day programming it just right. I may eventually get it when I have nearly everything else but it's a luxury item.

·
Registered
307 Posts
pspez, you have 2 wires coming from the H-D receiver. On the sears opener, you have 3 screws, they are color coded, red white and black. Hook the 2 wires up to the red and the white, or the left and center screws. The black one has to do with the photolites that make the door reverse. You can email me with any questions. I've owned a company that sells, services, and installs residential and commercail doors for the last 20 years.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hey Pig, The info that you gave me was all that I needed. The opener works just great.Thanks so much for the help. Paul:D :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
procedure to use the door opener (since it broke & I can't afford to fix it)

1. get off motorcycle and walk in garage using side door
2. unlock garage door
3. pull open garage door

The reverse procedure works to close the door.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rocko said:
Thanks Rocko:mad: coffee in the keyboard:mad: :) :D

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
NCFatboy,Yes it is the new opener from H-D. It works great .I had it installed at the dealership.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts