V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 FDXI with drag bars and a speedo mounted off the lower bolts of my handle bars. I am looking to add a small tach with shift light or a combo gage with speedo/tach/shift light. Is anyone aware of something that would work? I have looked at stuff from dakota digital and autometer, but haven't seen anything yet that has compelled me to buy.

I know this doesn't necessarily fit here though I wasn't sure where else to put this thread and thus far, all of your advice has been great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
the speedo kit from thunderheart. it has speedo, tach, shift lite, other stuff. is 5" diameter and you can bar mount it with a little imagination.

i think it is thunder-heart.com
sold by zippers

·
IronButt
10 Posts
Check out my tach at www.speedwayinstrument.com

Justin

ericsenf said:
I have an '04 FDXI with drag bars and a speedo mounted off the lower bolts of my handle bars. I am looking to add a small tach with shift light or a combo gage with speedo/tach/shift light. Is anyone aware of something that would work? I have looked at stuff from dakota digital and autometer, but haven't seen anything yet that has compelled me to buy.

I know this doesn't necessarily fit here though I wasn't sure where else to put this thread and thus far, all of your advice has been great. Thanks.

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
IronButt
10 Posts
It is set at 5700; what would you suggest? It can't be changed once set in the program.

Justin

ericsenf said:
OK... This is sweet. I see from the video it blinks at redline, can this be set lower than redline to be used as a shift light?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
jgaither said:
It is set at 5700; what would you suggest? It can't be changed once set in the program.

Justin
will it show rpm above 5700? can we order one with higher redline set in programming?

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jgaither said:

Justin
I opted for something a bit larger and center mount on the bars. I would suggest something that is user programmable as with a modded engine, you will determine optimal shift point after the dyno tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts