V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I yesterday sucessfully installed the forward controlls on my 2006 Street bob with the kit for the 05. Only a few things missing from the 05 kit vs. the 06 kit and its gaskets and o rings for when you have to remove the primary etc. I didnt do any of that and just left the mid shift spline and bracket on the bike. Ill post pics, but the 05 kit dose work on the 06 if you need to buy it in place of the 06.
-S:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but doesn't the '05 and prior kit come with a little chromey cup to cover the mid-shift spline? If so, did it fit over your '06 spline?

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it fit fine..I like the fact that its is easly converted back to mid mounts if I so choose too. If you dont mind the cap sticking out of the primary and saving yourself about 200 bucks..just get the 05 kit and do it yourself.
Went out last night for about 20 mies of city driving so I could use the controlls alot and it worked great!
-S

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah! My buddy who was over to help with the install last night. Just got kicked out of the local harley shop. He said he was more than polite and told the service guy that the kit for the 05 would work and it would be an option for someone who was not interested in having the case opened. The guy flipped on him and started to M.F. him and told him that they are not 1/2 azz and to get the hell out of his service department..? Yesterday the service guy said the 05 kit would never work and that it would just be a waste of time. I'm guessing he was saying that because all of his employees were standing in a circle smoking cigs and they needed something to do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the whole story last night. What a bunch of assclowns. The head of service is going to get knocked out sooner than later. Maybe today when my buddy goes back in with pictures showing it works.

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way heres a close up/big shot of the left side with the 2005 controll kit, Tell me it is wrong somehow please LOL because it works and looks great to me!
-S

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Looks great just like mine , except I have the black mounting arm.. Thought I would like black better, but I'm not sure now that i've seen yours..
Either way its great to save money isnt it......
And they said it couldn't be done.......
Glad it worked out for ya...
RonnR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts