V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the leather saddle bags off ebay, and the instructions say to remove the front torx screws on the Fender Strut. Went to Autozone and bought size T47, but it appears to be too small. Anyone know what size the torx screws are??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Torx Size

Well yes I do know the size, no thanks to anyone on this forum. I bought a size T50, and it fit perfectly. So for a 2006 HD Softail Deuce, a size T50 is perfect.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
75 Posts
There are so many Torx screws on a harley and different sizes... why not just buy a set? I think a set ran me 20 some dollars at Sears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
alleghenyrose said:
Well yes I do know the size, no thanks to anyone on this forum. I bought a size T50, and it fit perfectly. So for a 2006 HD Softail Deuce, a size T50 is perfect.

why ask if you already knew? :roflback: Sorry man, I could've told you if I'd have seen your post earlier, but you obviously have some deductive skills and were able to figure it out yourself.........;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
alleghenyrose said:
Well yes I do know the size, no thanks to anyone on this forum. I bought a size T50, and it fit perfectly. So for a 2006 HD Softail Deuce, a size T50 is perfect.
I would've gone out to the bike and got the answer for you if I had a freaken clue WTF torx bolts you were referring to! Can find four torx bolts on the front fender, but none on the rear.

Now, if you mean the four shoulder/Allen bolts that attach the fender strut to the frame....................
 

·
05 Deuce
Joined
·
263 Posts
fourhour said:
I would've gone out to the bike and got the answer for you if I had a freaken clue WTF torx bolts you were referring to! Can find four torx bolts on the front fender, but none on the rear.

Now, if you mean the four shoulder/Allen bolts that attach the fender strut to the frame....................
On my 05 Deuce the Torx screws are T47.
Golly Gomer, the post does refer to saddlebags, and is asking for sizing on the screws for a fender STRUT. Geez, pretty simple to figure out he's referring to the rear struts on an FXSTD.
Unbelievable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
Gooms said:
On my 05 Deuce the Torx screws are T47.
Golly Gomer, the post does refer to saddlebags, and is asking for sizing on the screws for a fender STRUT. Geez, pretty simple to figure out he's referring to the rear struts on an FXSTD.
Unbelievable!
Geez Sargeant Carter, I can't seem to find any torx screws on my 2002 FXSTD rear fender strut!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
fourhour said:
Geez Sargeant Carter, I can't seem to find any torx screws on my 2002 FXSTD rear fender strut!
I think you may have aftermarket bolts, torx are standard for mounting fender struts...:hmmm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:
I think you may have aftermarket bolts, torx are standard for mounting fender struts...:hmmm:
Don't remember ever changing mine out, but they might have come with the solo seat. I have to remove two to take the seat off, so that's possible, just don't remember it. That's why I found this so confusing. If so, my apologies to all!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top