V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in another forum is looking to paint his wide glide this color. Does anyone know if it's actually Claret Red, and does anyone know any paint codes for it? Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg, do you know if the 83 is the same color? Is it Claret Red?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s a good looking bike! My Uncle had a bike that looked nearly identical to that.. if my memory is correct. It’s been nearly 20 years since I’ve seen it.
I remember a unique feature on his bike, it had an enclosed chain that I think he said ran in an oil bath. Does this feature sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, that was a feature that people loved, until it started leaking or when they had to remove the wheel.

fxrt.jpg

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
222 Posts
That’s a good looking bike! My Uncle had a bike that looked nearly identical to that.. if my memory is correct. It’s been nearly 20 years since I’ve seen it.
I remember a unique feature on his bike, it had an enclosed chain that I think he said ran in an oil bath. Does this feature sound familiar to anyone?
Yes the enclosed chain was on the FXRT and the big touring bikes. I know someone who has an 84 electraglide and claims he got 180,000 out of original chain.

·
Registered
83 FXR......93 FLHTP
19 Posts
A guy in another forum is looking to paint his wide glide this color. Does anyone know if it's actually Claret Red, and does anyone know any paint codes for it? Thanks, Joe

View attachment 268037

View attachment 268037

This is my 83 FXR in what I believe is Claret Red

1 - 10 of 10 Posts