V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just playing around online. Checking out the HD site - killing time before dinner and I come across this jacket...

$800 for a jacket?!?! :wtf:

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks they've gone off the deep end with this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks, but no. My $200 clearance rack jacket just fine. Someone must have been drunk while creating the website ad.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sad part is that people actually seem to be buying it! 2 reviews and the local dealer has had on promo all month in emails...

For the love of everything that is holy if you have $800 that you NEED to get rid of just give it to me! I will put it to great use - CHROME!

·
hippie
5,106 Posts
hard to say, i paid 700 for an arctic cat coat. if you wanna ride at 25 below zero you gotta have the right gear. but then again maybe this is just a profit generator

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you look at the top of the line WATERPROOF leather like the aerostick transit ($1100) Rukka Merlin ($1500) Daniese and Held ($900) then the FXRG is a bargan considering the lifetime warrenty.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
hard to say, i paid 700 for an arctic cat coat. if you wanna ride at 25 below zero you gotta have the right gear.
The ONLY thing I'll be doing at 25 below is snuggling up next to momma.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got mine for half price a couple of years ago when our local dealer shut down.
It is a nice jacket. Very heavy though.

Stay away from the FXRG gloves though. POS's.

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
I don't like myself near enough to pay $800 for a jacket. I have a good leather jacket that I bought on clearance at Motorcyclegear.com. I paid about $150 and it is extremely heavy leather with padding in the right places. I've worn it for about 8 years and it's still in great condition.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
What's $800 for a jacket when people are willing to pay $42,000 for a scooter?
I can see the type of person who buys a $42 grand scooter, but what type of person buys a $800 dollar jacket?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Hope they never have to put a little paper name tag on it! lol,,,,,

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
Lol no! you can easily buy any jacket within $190 or $200 online from USA Jacket
yo Jack go over to the beginning forum/thread and do an intro. I don't think we have anyone from Pakistan.........very interesting.

Just playing around online. Checking out the HD site - killing time before dinner and I come across this jacket...

$800 for a jacket?!?! :wtf:

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks they've gone off the deep end with this one...

tarheel

1 - 20 of 34 Posts