V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have a 4 month old FXRG Leather lacket and have a couple of Q's I havn't found the A's for in the "instructions"

1: Treatment/Maintenance ? Should I do anything to it besides waering it'

2: Its supposed to be water ressitant... Will it withstand hours of driving in the rain ? Uptill now I have been adding rain gear - but is it nescesary to keep the water out ??

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
You can always put some mink oil or Doc Bailey's leather oil on it. My FXRG doubles as rain gear hove not gotten wet wearing it.

·
Free agent
795 Posts
Fox creek

I purchased some chaps a couple years ago from Fox Creek and when I did I bought this Pitch Blend Leather Dressing. It works GREAT. I bought a limited Harley jacket that was somewhat stiff due to all the thread and stitch work and applied this dressing all over the jacket...rolled it up...tied it and stuck it under the mattress...kinda like a baseball glove and it is softer and water repellant. Brought a different side of the jacket out that makes it very..very comfortable and soft. Hope the link shows up. If not...copy and paste.http://www.foxcreekleather.com/132.html

·
Banned
711 Posts
I never put anything on my FXRG jacket and love it. I haven't ridden it in enough rain to offer an opinion on its water resistance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i wore mine 237 miles in a pouring rain but i didn't have chaps.i also have the boots. my upper body was completely dry while my legs and feet were soaked to the bone. the only reason my feet got wet is because water runs down hill:crying: :crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts