V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
As Christmas present from the wife I got the FXRG 3/4 Touring Jacket.
At first I was sceptical about it as I thought that H-D should stick to bikes and live others to get on with motorclothes.
But man what a surprise when I started using the jacket and found it absolutely perfect.
I have had it for two weeks and it's now the only jacket I put on when I leave the house whether I'm on the bike or not.
The thermal lining comes off and it's got vents for when it's warm outside so it should really be a year-round jacket.

Anyone else has this jacket and what is your feedback?
Happy new year!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I have an FXRG midweight jacket, its great. Quality is backed up by a 5 yr warranty.
I'm satisified.

wyo

·
Banned
914 Posts
I also have the FXRG midweight jacket. It rocks.....Rode around all day in 38-40 degree weather and couldn`t feel one bit of wind chill. Nice and toasty...

·
Registered
543 Posts
The FXRG is the man-made jacket right ? Just curious, I've looked at a couple of that are Nylon or something in the dealerships, i think they said FXRG on them.

They looked pretty well made, with lots of pockets and stuff, plus they had armor in them. I'd like to know more about these cause i'm thinking about switching from leather to something along those lines.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have the FXRG Touring (short) jacket and pants. I've ridden them in around 40 degrees and stayed warm as toast. The only thing that got cold was my neck and hands. Now if I could just find a pair of gloves as well made.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Fugly said:
The FXRG is the man-made jacket right ?
Hey Fugly,

No, not all the FXRG stuff is synthetic. The midweight and heavy weight jackets are armored leather. the 3/4 length jacket that 94c4 is refering to, is synthetic.

That said, some of these synthetic jackets look pretty durable. It looks like some kind of ballistic nylon meets gortex hybrid.

wyo

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is syntetic.
It really looks as tough as nails though.
I caught in a couple of sharp edges recently and there was not even a scratch on the fabric.
Also you do not need to lose your leathers.
Just take the lining off and wear the FXRG over your leather jacket.

P.S.: I just found out that one of the internal pockets is stitched upside down:eek: .
Called the dealer and he said "no problem, I'll order another one. Keep wearing yours and do not worry if it gets dirty or even damaged in the meantime. I'll give you a call when the new one comes in so you can come and pick it up".

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have the midweight jacket and pants. Love them, very warm. Got lucky and found the jacket at one shop 50% off and the pants at another 50%... couldn't pass on that.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I also have the FXRG waist length jacket and the pants. I removed the snap out lining on the jacket and wear HD's heated jacket liner instead.

I also have the HD heated chaps to wear under the FXRG pants.

The combination of the heated undergarmets and the FXRG jacket and pants make riding in just about any temperature bearable.

If it is REALLY cold, I plug the HD heated gloves into the vest and put on a full face helmet.

I also have the HD heated socks, but have not tried them yet as my HD goretex winter boots and HD thermal socks have never let me down yet.

Goodness, I sound like a walking advertisement for HD !!!!

Oh well..... the stuff all works !

An afterthought here: The FXRG (non-leather) suit is also waterproof. When wearing it, I leave the rain suit at home.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I also have the HD heated chaps to wear under the FXRG pants.
If it is REALLY cold, I plug the HD heated gloves into the vest and put on a full face helmet.
Damn Dave, you have a generator on a trailer to keep all that electronic gear up???

Heh, heh, heh.... Sorry brudda, couldn't resist:D :D

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I have the leather FX jacket I liked the ballastic nylon but shyed away after hearing you must always have along sleeve shirt on under the jacket. If you go down the jacket will get so hot as the inner linning will melt and stick to you skin. Thus they have to peel your skin off witht he lining !!!! I went with leather instead. This info came from the dealer where I work. The ownsers son is big into racing Buells and has seen first hand what happens if the is exposed skin after a " get off"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts