V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the current issue of cycle source. Pretty cool article about FXR's. The story is about a small group of bikers being introduced to the FXR by one guy in AZ who tries to convince other bikers how great they are. Kind of a cool read. Funny though. The picture they show is a FXRP with a twin cam motor in it.

Just thought I would pass it along. However we can't let everyone know about the FXR can we? I enjoy keeping this secret on these bikes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
However we can't let everyone know about the FXR can we? I enjoy keeping this secret on these bikes.
I hear ya. If everyone knew the demand would go up, and the price. I finally got my 83, I don't want to pay an inflated price for my next one. I might get an FXR 2,3, or 4 in 20 years. With all the retro crap the MoCo is putting out, I can't believe they're not building FXR twinkies. I guess the frames are still too expensive to build.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
FXR's do have a special appeal to me. I don't know why I like it so. It's been a part of me for so long. And I sort of knew all this when I bought the bike in February, 1992. I knew then I was getting something special. I continue to feel that way.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Agreed, you can get a decent FXR/FXRS for a song right now,
I wish. $5800+300 to get it out of the shop before I even loaded it in the truck. You know the rest of the story so far and now I'm looking into replacing petcock and the carb. Gotta love them Shovels. But for the little bit of riding I've been able to do, it's been worth every penny. Got up this morning with time on my hands, no kids and rain. Why me?

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
What, no rain gear?

Rain just means less traffic.
Take the FLHT out.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,763 Posts
It's a fine and treacherous line; bragging about them and keeping them secret, at the same time.

joe

·
Swamprat Rider
757 Posts
It's a fine and treacherous line; bragging about them and keeping them secret, at the same time.

joe

This is Very True but sure hard to keep from bragging when you own one .. :)

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
This is Very True but sure hard to keep from bragging when you own one .. :)

There is no need to brag or say anything about the bike. The bike speaks for itself. Those who understand do understand.

A couple of weeks ago I was riding down the street and noticed a utility crew had dug a hole in the middle of the street and about six workers were doing one thing or another. As I rode past the work site, one of the crew jerked his head around as I was passing and yelled, "Do you want to sell it?". I shook my head no. He clearly understood.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no need to brag or say anything about the bike. The bike speaks for itself. Those who understand do understand.

A couple of weeks ago I was riding down the street and noticed a utility crew had dug a hole in the middle of the street and about six workers were doing one thing or another. As I rode past the work site, one of the crew jerked his head around as I was passing and yelled, "Do you want to sell it?". I shook my head no. He clearly understood.
Yeah I hear ya, had the same thing happen to me a few times as well. I love this bike!! Glad it was my first bike and my first Harley!

·
Registered
817 Posts
What, no rain gear?

Rain just means less traffic.
Take the FLHT out.
Yeah, I've got rain gear and it's seen plenty of use. More than enough. If I get caught in it, OK, but I don't force the issue. I'd probably rather ride the FXR. It handles so much better.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
And for the record, if it is raining, I don't leave the garage on the bike. I've got good rain gear for when I get caught in the rain. But rain is kind of predictable in California and only comes at certain times of the year. All of my riding is pleasure riding. I don't consider riding in the rain to be a pleasure. I like it dry.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And for the record, if it is raining, I don't leave the garage on the bike. I've got good rain gear for when I get caught in the rain. But rain is kind of predictable in California and only comes at certain times of the year. All of my riding is pleasure riding. I don't consider riding in the rain to be a pleasure. I like it dry.
I totally agree with that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts