V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, but glad to have finally signed up!

I have a 92 FXRS conv that I am tearing down.

I am looking to install a new, LED bottom mount headlight as well as the 96+ Hand Controls (dual disc).

I have disconnected all pins from the headlight bucket, speedo and tach and am preparing to swap headlights and hand controls this weekend.

Has anyone done this here? I have been told its pretty straight forward with just a few wires not color matching.

If someone has a diagram they made when doing this conversion, that would be even better!

Also, since I will be running the tach/speedo/indicator lights on 12" bars - not sure where they will tie into the main harness as the stock headlight bucket cluster was pretty archaic.

Thanks fellas, much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I have a '90 FXLR and have put on a '00 softail headlight w/LED headlight. The wiring is straight forward simple. If I can do it... Get a bunch of different color electrical tape and anything snipped gets its own color for soldering time. Snip in different spots if bundled so as not to create a big lump. Don't forget to slip your heat shrink tubing on before soldering!haha The LED headlight was then plug & play.
I think you need matching MC if using that switchgear.
Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thanks gentlemen. I’m sure I’ll have a few questions, so you may be hearing from me haha

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
I have a '90 FXLR and have put on a '00 softail headlight w/LED headlight.
Did it bolt into the stock eyebrow?

How's it look with the larger light?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts