V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the name or part # of the touring seat on a fxdx-t?
I think it is pretty comfortable.
Fred

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't have the part number, but I'll bet that your dealer's parts guy does. You're right, it is a very comfortable seat. It was one of the first changes that I made to my 2002 Super Glide when I bought it.

Tom :cool:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my seat

OK, I found the answer on the HD website, if anyone is interested. It is the Deep Bucket Sundowner and it is fairly comfortable. I guess I will stop thinking abour a Butt Buffer or Pro Pad.
BTW, I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the mayor of Myrtle Beach and a councilwoman who are anti-motorcycle both lost their bid for re-election in November. Thanx to all the ABATE and HOG members of SC.
Fred

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fred1369 said:
OK, I found the answer on the HD website, if anyone is interested. It is the Deep Bucket Sundowner and it is fairly comfortable. I guess I will stop thinking abour a Butt Buffer or Pro Pad.
Fred 1369,

It is *not* the Sundowner seat. Check in a stock parts catalog for the right number. The FXDX-T seat is very comfortable. Probably more comfortable than the Sundowner. I got the FXDX-T seat for the comfort of a larger seat and for the extra space that it allows my 6'3" frame. I use my Super Glide for touring and on the long trips I also use an Airhawk cushion. It's just what my 63 year old butt needs.

Tom :cool:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fxdx seat

I was just going by the picture on the HD site for accesories to the 2002 fxd and fxdx. I'll take your word for it if it is something different. I'm happy with it and my SO doesn't complain too much, which is unusual for her.
Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts