V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 05 FXDWG less than a year old...finally looking to put on some detachable saddlebags (using easybrackets) but know I have to relocate the rear Turn Signals.

Question - I picked up a stock harley relocation kit over the winter, but haven't installed yet. I'd like to have decent sized bags (I like the look of some Auburns), but don't want tiny bags and the Wide Glide seems limited for bag width/length.

I saw a relocation kit on the easybrackets site that puts the turn signals on the license plate, and another on the Boss Bag site from Kuyryakyn that look better than stock but are still on the fender rail.

Any opinions on what type of kit may be better? Would turn signals on the license plat look wierd?

·
FXDWG
112 Posts
I used the stock relocation kit from harley on my 04 fxdwg and have easybrackets with auburn bags also i have had no trouble so far. The bags sit right up against the lights but not too much where they rub. You should be fine. You can always use that light where the blinkers are built in.
mako

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Kuyryakyn Halogens!

I tried the HD relo lit when I got my Boss Bags for my DWG. It looked like $hit and still made opening the bags a pain in the a$$. So I went back to the drawing board and got the Kuyryakyn set up from Boss Bags. Best money I spent! Doesn't interfere with the bags in any way, form or fashion. Also the Halogens are MUCH brighter than the stock HD lamps. You will need the equalizer but the extra safety out weighs the cost. Plus my lights now have the run/stop/turn function as well as pulsate when I hit the pedal. Trust me, it's worth the cash and they look great!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used the HD relocation w/layback license plate and it looks good and doesn't get in the way of opening the Boss Bags.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I took the best of both worlds. I used the Kuryakyn LED inserts in the stock HD light housing with the HD relocation kit. The larger lights did interfere with opening the Boss Bags, so I used the old "die and tap" die to increase the length of the thread. I could screw the post in farther making the lights sit closer to the fender. I get the larger turn signal and no interference from the signal with the lip of the bags.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drop the turn's and license plate DOWN..

I bought the Street Glide rear turn kit.. and dropped it all down.. Had to drill holes in my fender.. but turned out Great.. anyone interested in seein what it looks like can email me at [email protected] cause I can't figure out how to downsize my bytes low enough to post them here!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.