V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just need your advice on what maybe my next project, I would like to change out the HD beach bars and stock risers that are on my 1995 wideglide and install 6 inch risers and a 32 inch Drag bar.As far as I can tell my bike still has all its stock FXDWG cables (except the front brake which is now a braided version, same length as the original).
Now by just looking at the bike I can't tell if the cables will be suitable and fit ok with the new risers and drag bar, so I thought I'd see if anyone had done a similiar change? and can offer me some advice? also does anyone know if HD make 6inch straight risers that would fit my bike? all the ones I've seen are for Softtails.

Regards
Tobycat

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put the night train drag bar kit on my softail standard. It came with cables, brake line risers, and bar. It was an easy install so what would be different? Its in the HD catalog. Just a thought.:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Harley 56223-98 6" risers would work on your Wide Glide. Except for the Deuce, there's nothing magic about Softail risers. I put 6" rise T-bars on an 03 Wide Glide and all the cables, wires and brake line worked but were too long. Throttle cables can be run back between the forks to take up excess length and wires can be tied up behind the headlight or stuffed back under the tank. I used a clutch cable for a Softail Standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts