V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the stock California mufflers (which have Catylitic converters) with Screaming Eagle slip-ons. The problem is the parts book states they are not available for the FXDSE, not even the 49 state model. Is that becaause they all have cats in them for the 2007 model? Are the mounting brackets different? I would like to put on something not too loud and re-map the fuel injection to burn a little richer. I was told by the dealer that a Power Commander is not as good as the Race Tuner made by Harley. They told me that the Power Commander does not due mapping at idle. Of coures that is what the dealer says.

·
Registered
372 Posts
my '07 FXSTSSE had cats in the mufflers, so it's not a CA only thing.......

I put Rush slip-on on mine, with the 2.25" baffles (loud) and the T-max with autotune.
I helped a friend put a set of Rush slip-ons (with 2.25" baffles) on his fatboy, we also installed a power commander on his bike at the same time...

so there is nothing wrong with a PC III, do what your wallet will allow....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
The power commander will absolutely allow the idle mixture to be adjusted. What it cannot do is adjust idle speed. No biggie really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts