V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a 2019 model FXDRS 114 with about 2000km´s on it. Around the 1600km service I started to notice a slight lag on the throttle.
First I wasn't sure if it was just in my imagination, but now 4-5 hundred kilometers later it is lugging so bad that I'm jumping round lika a kangaroo. If I use the clutch without reving, the bike will sputter and stop.
This will only happen the last few minutes before the engine reaches normal operating temperature. When the bike is cold it will start up and drive as normal, then the lugging starts for a few minutes before the bike gets hot. When the bike gets hot I don't feel any of the problems anymore.
Could this be wrong reading from a sensor so that the bike think it´s at normal operating temperature before normal operating temperature is reached? And therefore the injection isn't feeding the engine enough fuel?
I took the bike to the local dealer where I bought the bike, but they didn't let the bike cool down before testing it. So off course they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
It's under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I already did. But since this is Thailand I feel that I didn't get my message through. The mechanic from the Harley dealer didn´t wait until the bike had cooled down before test driving it. So I have arranged for a Thai/American friend of mine that is a Harley mechanic to take the bike to the dealer and explain what the problem is in Thai. Hopefully then they will understand.
The reason for asking was more out of curiosity, since this is my first Harley with injection, and I like understand what causes the problem.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Get some carb cleaner and start it up cold. Spray around the intake flanges and see if it changed anything.
Put your hand around the exhaust flanges too and see if you feel any kind of hot air coming out.

Could be an intake or exhaust leak forming and goes away when warmed up and everything expands out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts