V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, I ordered Harley lowering shocks, and I'm thinking about lowering the front (not sure if I should, what do you think?) Anyway, is installing the springs as simple as removing the fork caps and replacing the springs?

Thanks.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link Snowman.

I'm still wondering how much fork oil for the Harley lowering springs? Thanks.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Player said:
Fellas, I ordered Harley lowering shocks, and I'm thinking about lowering the front (not sure if I should, what do you think?) Anyway, is installing the springs as simple as removing the fork caps and replacing the springs?

Thanks.
Hey
I was thinking of lowering my front about .500"to .750". I converted my front to a mid glide and also later put the chrome lowers on. That was 2 years ago. I didnt change my seals at the time, but no leaks to date 30,000 miles.
Anyway I was thinking of just loosening the triple tree collars and letting the tubes slide up about a little. Is that crazy ?? Oh this FXDL is also lowered another inch in the rear. I am thinking of going to the heavier fork oil after reading all of the threads.
Thanks

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scooter looks great hotshot! I've been wanting to see a pic of a bike just lowered in the rear.

I'm not sure about loosening the fork tubes, but heavier fork oil was a must do for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts