V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiring up my Corbin heated seat on my 07 FLHX , down to the fuse box to plug in , the maxi fuse disengages from the main no problem. I can't seem to get the cover off . I see the curled lip on the bottom and the 2 release tabs , seems it should lift straight up , but it won't budge, I'd rather not force it. I figure there must be a trick

I called the dealer .. worthless .. " I asked 3 techs and nobody remembers how" Geez ..

Any help would be appreciated .

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
NOT 100% sure but on all bike 06 earlier the fuse block pulls out from the two tabs. Once you pull it out, the cover pops right off. 07 may be different but i dont think so.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That worked , thanks..

Now the wonderful engineers at Corbin ( not) fogot to account for the 07 Cover ad the pigtail wire won't fit under and out .. thankfully being an engineer the simple solution is to cut a slot in the back side ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you like the seat? Have you got a few miles on it yet. I got a FLHX 07 also and been thinking of getting a new seat but not sure what way to go as I dont want to spend 500+/- for something I have not tried out or know of someone that has. I know that there are a number of ways to go for a seat, and that makes it even harder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts