V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...that's pretty good (and by some; accurate). Thanks and welcome.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Hell I wave at everyone. Screw 'em if they don't wave back. You never know, that guy you just miffed by not waving may not stop if you need help. :D Personally, I'd stop for anyone on the side of the road standing next to 2 wheels.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum 06. Sounds like the guy that wrote this article is pissed at the world. Gotta agree with Habanero on this one. I throw up a hand at every one too. I've stopped a many of times when someone on two wheels is standing beside their bike.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
FXDeanX said:
He's not pissed at anybody, monkeyshift. It's satire
Huh?? What kind of tire?? Will it fit a V-rod?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FXDeanX
He's not pissed at anybody, monkeyshift. It's satire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mdrsteve said:

Huh?? What kind of tire?? Will it fit a V-rod?
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Those satires only fit the old vespa scooters, and I even wave at them!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Personally, I don't waive at anyone with those tires. I HATE HATE HATE them.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Italian Satires go *** *** *** *** when they are flat.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Since I got the V-Rod a lot more off-brands wave (they must think it's not a Harley) BUT - a lot less Harley riders wave (thinking for sure it's got to be a non-HD person on whatever that is...).

Speaking of waving to everybody, one time coming home from Daytona a guy was riding along beside me for a little while in the next lane and I nodded & gave a little wave, he just looked back straight ahead. Sure enough about 15 minutes later he was on the side of the road. He was waving this time. I just looked back down the highway & smiled to myself.
Gene P.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wave at everyone on any bike and I wave cause I want to not because I want them to wave back but it is nice to get an acknowledgement. Had a good ride down to South Padre Island yesterday and saw 7 Harleys 5 waved back which was very good considering we were on the gl1800 Wing. Will probably do that trip again today, weather is supposed to be great, will be on the Ultra today bet a $1 all the Harleys wave back today.

·
Ironsomething
845 Posts
When I was a kid growing up in northern Calif. we used to do what was then called the biker salute, a slightly raised, closed fist (palm down). People on full dress bikes mostly waved but those of us on anything that was straight piped (Harley or otherwise) gave the biker salute.
Don't see it given as much these days. Probably politically incorrect, like everything else now.....

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I stretch my arm out like I am signaling a left and wave while riding as close as I can to the dividing line. Most all people wave back, have to be pretty ignorant to not acknowledge that wave. I notice a lot more people waving these days maybe it is catching on. I wave to everyone, sometimes it looks as though people are not waving when they just lift their fingers from the grip to wave, sometimes they are looking elsewhere, I don't fault people for not waving. maybe next time, we have to come together as motorcyclists to fight the stupid laws they try to pass against us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts