V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Heritage ST. After I got home I noticed a puddle of gas just in front of the rear wheel and it dripped periodically. Its gas for sure but not sure where its coming from. Is this some type of overflow. Any ideas and why is it coming out?

:sofa:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
John Deppong said:
I have a 2000 Heritage ST. After I got home I noticed a puddle of gas just in front of the rear wheel and it dripped periodically. Its gas for sure but not sure where its coming from. Is this some type of overflow. Any ideas and why is it coming out?

If you have an S&S carb the float is likely sticking and they DO have an overflow tube but if you have a CV the same thing may be happening and just dripping/running down and around to the ground...

·
Registered
417 Posts
How far was it from the gas station to your house? If you really topped it off high in the tank and didn't drive too far to get home, then it's probably just overflow - your overflow hose is routed to drain back there.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Overflow

John Deppong said:

The 1st time it happened to me It scared the crap out of me... Now I just fill it up, do not try rounding to the nearest $. Click you are done.... Since, click I am done ..has not hapened again....

·
Registered
487 Posts
ground temp cold tank overflow vent runs out back there short distance from station fuel expansion and puddles happen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts