V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe its just me but there a couple of Road Zeppelins on ebay (I want one) listed for $550 + $75 s/h on one of them = $625. Hell brand new from stealer they are $699 less 10% HOG discount = $630 with warranty on compressor.

Just thought it was funny what folks were asking for used.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MSRP listed on auction was $699. As for anything on ebay....if I can not get it for 40% less than buying it from a dealer.....I don't buy. The risk of used is not worth anything more to me.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
The sadder thing is that you see it in the classifieds on here all the time.
Takeoff seats and crap for more than you'd pay new from a 20% off online dealer. I just figure either the guy is stupid or looking to take advantage of someone who is.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
davemhughes said:
maybe its just me but there a couple of Road Zeppelins on ebay (I want one) listed for $550 + $75 s/h on one of them = $625. Hell brand new from stealer they are $699 less 10% HOG discount = $630 with warranty on compressor.

Just thought it was funny what folks were asking for used.
My buddy has one for sale that he removed from his '03 Ultra before trading it in. 50% off MSRP if you want it. Has the matching tourpak rest too. Same deal - 50% off list.

I agree. So many dumbasses on ebay paying way too much to stuff. I only like it when I listing stuff. LOL. Somebody bought my RKC saddlebags for $525 when you can buy a brand new set for $630 from a 20% off dealer.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thatoldbike said:
My buddy has one for sale that he removed from his '03 Ultra before trading it in. 50% off MSRP if you want it. Has the matching tourpak rest too. Same deal - 50% off list.

I agree. So many dumbasses on ebay paying way too much to stuff. I only like it when I listing stuff. LOL. Somebody bought my RKC saddlebags for $525 when you can buy a brand new set for $630 from a 20% off dealer.
So @ 50% off MSRP $699....$350 for seat? Does he have Pp?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought a lightly used RZ for $350 from a guy here in town who decided to go with a Corbin. He said the RZ "looked funny" but was very comfortable. I installed it right before a 4 day trip (returned yesterday). I can honestly say that the RZ is both the LARGEST seat I've ever seen on a bike, but the most comfortable as well. Not a hint of butt pain after 4 days. And the price was right too!

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thatoldbike said:
I sent you a PM....I Am Very Interested in the Deal

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Me too if he don't buy it I will ...I have been wanting one for a long time but i am to cheap to spring for a new one

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ShakyJake said:
Me too if he don't buy it I will ...I have been wanting one for a long time but i am to cheap to spring for a new one
I woulds say at his point its all yours......the $799 version really doesn't match up well with my pillow back rest and tour pack. I know he wants to sell and it wouldn't be fair to hold him up in doing so because of my uncertainy over matching it up. Please post up how you like it once you ride it for a few miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.