V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
looks like an RTF (radio,tv, film) production. I had to do things like that in college. I hope this guy gets an F. He sucks as an interviewer.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:hystria:I was able to stick with it for about six minutes. . .Spider is quite a biker dude, mon, HOG patches, HD shirt, dark glasses, long hair, and cap. :hystria: And the interviewer. . . . . . is this the Southern California GCN (Gay Cable Network)? Was the interviewer trying to find a Village People biker? If he was I think he'll be disappointed with Spider. Seemed to be a pretty mainstream Harley dude to me. . . .:hystria:

Lefty

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
...about 3 min. was all i could stand

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I think the interviewer was the stunt double in "Broke it off in me on the Mountain" movie.

BORING!~:thumbsdn:

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
I got bored with the biker. For a guy who has ridden Harleys for all of five years, he sure has spent some time in 'motor clothes.' I don't think I have that much stuff in total, and he's drowning in it.

Why is it that the first answer that always comes out of a guy's mouth during an interview is "freedom"? You get 'freedom' from living free.

I always thought it as 'chicks and straight pipes.'

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
The interviewer was pathetic, but only because he was uninformed and didn't have the wherewithal to formulate an intelligent question.

Fatboy, I think it is safe to get the name, Brokeback Mountain, correct without anyone questioning your sexual preference.

The biker did a reasonable job and was rather more articulate than the interviewer. A lot has changed since 1997 when the interview was done so I will give the biker the benefit of the doubt with regard to his comparisons between Harleys and Japanese motorcycles. It was also interesting to get a perspective from 10 years ago.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fatb0y said:
I think the interviewer was the stunt double in "Broke it off in me on the Mountain" movie.

BORING!~:thumbsdn:
Wow, I didn't hear that one on the Brokeback Mountain thread. TMI

Trying to not get a visual

·
Registered
260 Posts
For a guy who has ridden Harleys for all of five years, he sure has spent some time in 'motor clothes.'
And now owns 4 Harleys, stores two in his KITCHEN, and has a 6 FOOT X 3 FOOT(yes, that's in FEET) wings & sheild in his living room.

I made it through the entire interview.:crying:

·
Guitar Dude
280 Posts
It cracked me up when the biker was asked the difference between motorcycles and cars, he said that there's a lot less metal around a bike than a car. Last time I checked there was NO metal. :laugh:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I agree with you guys. The interviewer was a joke. The biker was pretty good at talking, only problem was the way he thought of Harley as the equivalent of sportscars. For those who don't have the time to watch the clip:

"It's like driving a high performance car. There's alot more power than your average motorcycle. Harleys are all larger bikes, they don't make anything less than 883cc's these days. Many people are afraid to get on something that big, especially first time riders"

"People that ride motorcycles wanna step up to a little bit more horsepower, better performance, more comfortable ride"

"Personally I like to know that I'm gonna get off the line first, but that's just just my competitive nature. I like to know that my bike is faster than the bike next to me."

"This one will do 0-100 alot faster than most though"

:roflback:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fredda said:
I agree with you guys. The interviewer was a joke. The biker was pretty good at talking, only problem was the way he thought of Harley as the equivalent of sportscars. For those who don't have the time to watch the clip:

"It's like driving a high performance car. There's alot more power than your average motorcycle. Harleys are all larger bikes, they don't make anything less than 883cc's these days. Many people are afraid to get on something that big, especially first time riders"

"People that ride motorcycles wanna step up to a little bit more horsepower, better performance, more comfortable ride"

"Personally I like to know that I'm gonna get off the line first, but that's just just my competitive nature. I like to know that my bike is faster than the bike next to me."

"This one will do 0-100 alot faster than most though"

:roflback:

That is fukking phunny!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sorry guys, I couldn't make it past a couple of minutes. That interviewer seemed to want to ride on the BACK of a Harley!!! What's up with that Village People music?

·
Registered
89 Posts
College Class

This looks like classes I took back in Junior College. We did something similar
called "The Hot Seat" every week for a semester. The on screen talent and subject is suppose to suck - they are just cattle. The graphics are not pro broadcast quality. Most likely this just an exercise for future wanabee tv video directors and crew members.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts