V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Deuce and I have found when I turn on the ignition and immediately push the function switch, codes appear. codes are 1 thru 10 then say clear or see. then it shows PPU and some numbers. What does this mean

·
Registered
250 Posts
You are accessing the Speedometer Diagnostic codes. There is no reason to do this. The codes are 1-10 and relate to whether the speedo is operating correctly - each has a different meaning. The last is not a code, it is PPU which means Pulses Per Unit and is the specific Speedometer output. It should be a five digit number.
Normally the diagnostic mode is accessed by pressing in the reset button and simultaneously the key to ignition. You then tab through each code using the reset button. The code will be d01clr or d01set. If clr, it means no code. If set then a code has been set for that number. The next is d02clr or d02set and so on. At least 2-3 code numbers of the 10 are not used. If you have any that are "set" then your speedo is not working properly.
If you hold the button in more than 5 seconds while in diagnostic mode , then all set codes are cleared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts