V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Our local HOG chapter is going to have it's yearly planning meeting in a couple of weeks. I'm looking for any really fun or interesting activities that your club has done over the years that would give us some new ideas! Appreciate any suggestions!!
Happy New Years!!!
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm interested in hearing from others as well.

Our club is planning a long ride (for a week--weekend to weekend) this year. We'll see how that turns out. It's hard enough for people to take vacation time for Sturgis and "other" family vacations, so I'm not sure how many people will go.

We have a "festival" (so to speak) where 4 dealerships from the area get together and plan for the event. It's held on a Saturday in the summer. All 4 clubs advertise and plan for it year round (another committee meeting!). Think "state rally" type--games, drinks, food, contest for patch design and then we create patches and pins for it. I can provide more info off line if you want.

Last year, our LOH did an overnight ride (for the ladies only). Those who didn't ride traveled in a van behind the bikes. They went about 150 miles one way and shared hotel rooms to keep costs down. Dinner on a riverboat, etc. They want to do one to the races this year for guys only. Personally, I would have gone if it were mixed company. Those "van" women who don't ride could have then ridden with spouse/boyfriend.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
When I was active, we'd have a scavenger hunt. Usually, it was a couple weeks before our poker run and used that route. It was a "chapter only" event to give our members a chance to ride the route. Some of the stuff on the list was a little off the wall, but it was fun trying to find it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
MikeTra said:
Guys, Our local HOG chapter is going to have it's yearly planning meeting in a couple of weeks. I'm looking for any really fun or interesting activities that your club has done over the years that would give us some new ideas! Appreciate any suggestions!!
Happy New Years!!!
Mike

Hmmm ok ,,these are some of the things our chapter does

every wed night we have a dinner ride that leaves from the dealer ,,, the destination is put up on our web page. We have these dinners year round even though ,,, we only have a 6 and a half month riding season. We have a hog roast every summer ,, a winter dinner dance with a live band....a spring and fall overnight ride..... a new members ride ,, a dust off ride.....the list goes on and on ..... we have a very active chapter. The wed night dinner deal is the cement that keeps the chapter active...... rat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts