V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard both, I'm told they both emit a low deep tone, is one any one louder by much than the other?
 

·
Yet another 43 Double D
Joined
·
626 Posts
I haven't heard both but with the price difference I've got a pair of fullsac's on order. I bought a pair of RK stock mufflers off E-bay and just shipped them to AZ.

My .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
pipes Fullsac or ?

I have dynoed Fullsac parts and find them ( as good as the best & better than the rest) and they sound good :thumbsup:

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
I installed my Full Sac true duals and recored mufflers in early December. Went for a 70 mile ride and I love the performance and sound these pipes have. When the rain stops, I'll be back in the saddle here in the pacific northwest.
 

·
2005 Road King Classic
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
steam said:
Thanks Dave, I'm keeping the slip ons with the crossover.
Checkout Bobvic2 on ebay. He does the same thing as fullsac to the mufflers but the ends are more finished.
 

·
Habitual **************.
Joined
·
234 Posts
wkohn said:
Checkout Bobvic2 on ebay. He does the same thing as fullsac to the mufflers but the ends are more finished.
Bobvic uses a 1.750 core. The Fullsacs are 2.0. The Fullsac ends are finished nicely and are welded 360 deg. The pic in their web site is an unfinished muffler.
Just some facts from a satisfied customer.
RB
 

·
2005 Road King Classic
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Road Bag said:
Bobvic uses a 1.750 core. The Fullsacs are 2.0. The Fullsac ends are finished nicely and are welded 360 deg. The pic in their web site is an unfinished muffler.
Just some facts from a satisfied customer.
RB
I didn't buy the Fullsac because of their picture. Maybe they should add a finished picture? Also keep in mind that Bobvic2 does 4 different versions of coring to the mufflers to suit the customers desires. Max 1, 2, 3 and the Superflow. What Bobvic2 told me, "The superflow has a completely different baffle that I designed. I removed the core from the stock muffler and replace it with a 1.75 spiral louvered core. it out performs and sounds better then the Max style muffler. The Max muffler have had the stock baffle re-worked I remove the cone from the end of the muffler shorten the baffle tube and remove the center plugs. They sound good but not as good as the Superflow."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
wkohn said:
I didn't buy the Fullsac because of their picture. Maybe they should add a finished picture? Also keep in mind that Bobvic2 does 4 different versions of coring to the mufflers to suit the customers desires. Max 1, 2, 3 and the Superflow. What Bobvic2 told me, "The superflow has a completely different baffle that I designed. I removed the core from the stock muffler and replace it with a 1.75 spiral louvered core. it out performs and sounds better then the Max style muffler. The Max muffler have had the stock baffle re-worked I remove the cone from the end of the muffler shorten the baffle tube and remove the center plugs. They sound good but not as good as the Superflow."
wkohn, did you install the Bobvic2's with stock headers or did you change over to true duals? If so, which true dual package did you use?

Thanks:D
 

·
2005 Road King Classic
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Freddyack said:
wkohn, did you install the Bobvic2's with stock headers or did you change over to true duals? If so, which true dual package did you use?

Thanks:D
I haven't installed the Bobvic2 mufflers yet. Been a little to cold here. It is looking like March will be the time to get that on plus the Airstack A/C from J.E.T. It is looking like I will be using the www.Hackerpipes.com true duals with the ceramic coated headers and chrome heat shields for $525.00 plus shipping. For an additional $30 they will weld on bungs for O2 sensors. Do some reading on www.jet-hot.com, www.Swaintech.com, www.hpcoatings.com and www.performancecoatings.com/pci.html web sites about ceramic coatings. Bobvic2 has a lot of people you can contact via ebay that have purchased his mufflers and put them on stock headers and true duals. I believe Bobvic2 has them on true duals for his personal bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
wkohn said:
I haven't installed the Bobvic2 mufflers yet. Been a little to cold here. Is looking like March will be the time to get that on plus the Airstack A/C from J.E.T. It is looking like I will be using the www.Hackerlabs1.com true duals with the ceramic coated headers and chrome heat shields for $525.00 plus shipping. For an additional $30 they will weld on bungs for O2 sensors. Do some reading on www.jet-hot.com, www.Swaintech.com, www.hpcoatings.com and www.performancecoatings.com/pci.html web sites about ceramic coatings. Bobvic2 has a lot of people you can contact via ebay that have purchased his mufflers and put them on stock headers and true duals. I believe Bobvic2 has them on true duals for his personal bike.
Thanks alot for the info. I will dig into the coating websites. Ride Safe! :D :D
 

·
2005 Road King Classic
Joined
·
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Road Bag, thanks for the info. I can't possibly imagine why anyone with a stock 1450 twin cam would need more than a 2'' diameter baffling. I believe the full sacs may be deeper sounding and almost more of a cleaner performance type of sound than the Bovic2, although the bovic also sound good.
gnat
 

·
Habitual **************.
Joined
·
234 Posts
steam said:
Hey Road Bag, thanks for the info. I can't possibly imagine why anyone with a stock 1450 twin cam would need more than a 2'' diameter baffling. I believe the full sacs may be deeper sounding and almost more of a cleaner performance type of sound than the Bovic2, although the bovic also sound good.
gnat
The 2.0 cores do have a slightly deeper sound than the 1.75. There is 2 HP difference between the two on a stock 88. On a 95 with heads and cams, the 2.0 core will gain 4-5 HP over the 1.75.
RB
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top