V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my conversion kit yesterday and installed it immediately. Took me about 1 1/2 hours by my self and while i'm mechanicaly inclined i'm no Mr. Goodwrench. So I would say that installation was as advertised. I have thunderheader slip-ons on my carburated 06' flhx and could hardly wait to bust it off and hear the sound of them in true dual configuration.How was it? Let me put it this way ~!Awesome! ~!Awesome! .To the nay sayers out there about the loss of low end with having true duals, all I can say is that by the seat of the pants feel I say it is A non issue on my bike, If anything it feels stronger.This kit from Fullsac performance is the ticket for conversion in my opinion. I looked at the V&H but could not justify spending twice as much to do the same thing, even if it is "prettier" with it's own heat sheilds. So if your looking for a true dual conversion kit, look no farther, give Steve a call and get this kit headed your way(he's a super nice guy to deal with and had no problem spending some time with me discussing the ins and outs of his kit vs others). I know this may sound like a commercial but I am just a happy customer.:roflback: :roflback:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
hogbro48 said:
Just got my conversion kit yesterday and installed it immediately. Took me about 1 1/2 hours by my self and while i'm mechanicaly inclined i'm no Mr. Goodwrench. So I would say that installation was as advertised. I have thunderheader slip-ons on my carburated 06' flhx and could hardly wait to bust it off and hear the sound of them in true dual configuration.How was it? Let me put it this way ~!Awesome! ~!Awesome! .To the nay sayers out there about the loss of low end with having true duals, all I can say is that by the seat of the pants feel I say it is A non issue on my bike, If anything it feels stronger.This kit from Fullsac performance is the ticket for conversion in my opinion. I looked at the V&H but could not justify spending twice as much to do the same thing, even if it is "prettier" with it's own heat sheilds. So if your looking for a true dual conversion kit, look no farther, give Steve a call and get this kit headed your way(he's a super nice guy to deal with and had no problem spending some time with me discussing the ins and outs of his kit vs others). I know this may sound like a commercial but I am just a happy customer.:roflback: :roflback:
What hogbro said! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm...looked at the fullsac, and then looked at the V&H's. The V&H's is only $100.00 higher if you do a search, and looks a $100.00 better IMO. Plus you have no extra joints to leak or cover, but again, I have no experience with either, just what I've found in searches. If the Fullsac was say $100.00, it would seem way more logical, but $200 after freight for what I would personally consider a cobbled system, no way. I've spent more than the difference on a nite on the town, I'll pay the extra.

BTW, i'm not knocking your choice, and glad your happy, it just wouldn't be mine.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I also just finished installing the Fullsac set-up last night and aside from messing with the rear cylinder headpipe bracket (the one next to the starter) it went exactly as described. By the time I finished, it was way late temps in the lower 20's so I had to content myself with listening to her in the garage. Sound is totally different (running wild pigs) - I couldn't detect any leaks (used the old stuff a rag over the muffler tip and listen for any sounds at the joints) so hopefully all is well. Will find out today.

hogbro - how much of a change in your idle mixture and speed setting did you experience? I had to actually lean mine out from the 2 1/2 turns I had it at with the stock header, wild pigs and big sucker combo.- CWO

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the # of joints in the system is the same as it was,why would you say you have "extra" joints.As for you finding the V&H for only $100 dollars less and you spend that on A nite out, I'll take my take my fullsac performance equipt bike and enjoy my "free" night out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CWO, I had already done what sounds like the same adjustments you did when I installed the slip-ons, so I did not do any more after conversion.I think the reasoning behind going leaner is the fact that the carb is vacuum feed so the free flowing exhaust causes more vacuum therfore richening it up.Notice I said " I think" don't know that to be correct. Hope your enjoying your kit,been a little cold and rainy for me to enjoy mine the last 4 days.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Think I'll have to agree with Duckman.......I'm looking into going with the duals and saw the fullsac mod......Seems like a good product. But for me....(and this doesn't mean it's not fine for someone else.......) it's gonna be worth spending the extra 100 bucks. Basically it's for the heat shields....I buy and buy for my bike to make it "mine"....Chrome this and chrome that. Even if nobody sees the pipe behind the real cyclinder without it being pointed out....well......I'll know its there and it will bug the crap outta me. Seems to me that the Fullsac bunch should come up with a heat shield for their 'u' pipe.......I'd be a buyer in a heart beat then..............:cheers:

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Hammy71 said:
Think I'll have to agree with Duckman.......I'm looking into going with the duals and saw the fullsac mod......Seems like a good product. But for me....(and this doesn't mean it's not fine for someone else.......) it's gonna be worth spending the extra 100 bucks. Basically it's for the heat shields....I buy and buy for my bike to make it "mine"....Chrome this and chrome that. Even if nobody sees the pipe behind the real cyclinder without it being pointed out....well......I'll know its there and it will bug the crap outta me. Seems to me that the Fullsac bunch should come up with a heat shield for their 'u' pipe.......I'd be a buyer in a heart beat then..............:cheers:
Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.