V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
banal
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember riding away from the dealership after purchasing my first NEW Harley, being so disappointed that my stock pipes sounded like a sewing machine! After I could save up some more cash I bought some slash cut Vance & Hines slip-ons, and those were good pipes with a good sound. When I started wanting to go with a true dual system, I decided to get the best money could buy. Man was I ever disappointed with my Rineharts. I liked the elimination of the cross-over pipe, but they didn't sound as good, or perform as good, as I'd hoped, Certainly not good enough to justify the price. I kept getting a cough cough sputter when I hit the throttle real hard. Finally I got the idea to put in the "quiet" baffles, and sure enough the back pressure solved that problem. Just when I was finally starting to like my Rineharts, the weld broke on the rear left mounting tower, and I just couldn't make myself like them again. At least I got a full warranty replacement and a damn good price on eBay. Next I went with the Vance & Hines duals, and I'm real pleased. Still have those headers on the bike. I added some tunable Cycle Shack slash cut slip ons, and while I did like the performance on them (esp after I got dynod and we drilled out the baffles), they started turning after just the first weekend I had them mounted! They have just been getting uglier and uglier, and I wanted to make a change not just because of the bluing but at 80mph tourning, which I do pretty frequently for hours at a time, my gawd they were so loud I think I was starting to go deaf. I wanted to make a change, but couldn't really decide which way I wanted to turn next.

Finally decided to try Fullsac Performance, which is just a modification to stock slip-ons. They are touted for very good performance, much quieter esp at touring speeds but still a deeper fuller rumble than the stock pipes, and also I still LOVE the look of the stock pipes. We just got them mounted today, onto my Vance & Hines duals headers, and just after a brief ride tonight I know this is going to be my favorite exhaust system ever. If they don't turn, I doubt I'll be making another change for a good long while, maybe as long as I keep this bike. LOVE the tone, not too loud, just a deep Harley sounding rumble. Performance is excellent - as good as any system I've tried. And I love the way they look, with the pronounced bell to the fat fat body that completely fills up the space under the saddlebags (my Cycle Shacks were so skinny there was a big gap there), smooth excellent quality stock Harley chrome with no ridges or goofy end caps, and that sweet little small angle slash cut. I highly highly recommend.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Another happy camper

:welcome: to the club of happy Fullsac owners! I just finished a 700 mile trip and got to say that I like them more every mile.

Keep the shiny side up!

·
47,503 and adding
193 Posts
I'm very happy with mine as well. They sound really good on my buddy's bike. He borrowed them when he had his bike tuned and they really shined. Stage 2 and the Fullsac's and he's getting 92hp and 108tq on his RK Classic.

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
2001FLHT said:
I'm very happy with mine as well. They sound really good on my buddy's bike. He borrowed them when he had his bike tuned and they really shined. Stage 2 and the Fullsac's and he's getting 92hp and 108tq on his RK Classic.

With a stock 88 motor?

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
2001FLHT said:
His stage 2 is 1550, 203 cams, race tuner and Fullsac's. He's thrilled.

The 108 torque, just blows me away that's awesome torque for a 95" motor

Who was the tuner that dyno'd and dialed in the scooter?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Agree the fullsac slip on mufflers are a very good value and give out a good deep sound without being obnoxious on long hauls. I expect the more people hear of them and try them the more of them you will see around.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
if i didnt love the way my wild-pigs strait cuts looked i would try these, i just dont like the taper in the stock pipes. i would also love to quiet the pigs a little, i repacked them and turned the baffle around and it didnt make alot of difference.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
CarbideDude said:
I remember riding away from the dealership after purchasing my first NEW Harley, being so disappointed that my stock pipes sounded like a sewing machine! After I could save up some more cash I bought some slash cut Vance & Hines slip-ons, and those were good pipes with a good sound. When I started wanting to go with a true dual system, I decided to get the best money could buy. Man was I ever disappointed with my Rineharts. I liked the elimination of the cross-over pipe, but they didn't sound as good, or perform as good, as I'd hoped, Certainly not good enough to justify the price. I kept getting a cough cough sputter when I hit the throttle real hard. Finally I got the idea to put in the "quiet" baffles, and sure enough the back pressure solved that problem. Just when I was finally starting to like my Rineharts, the weld broke on the rear left mounting tower, and I just couldn't make myself like them again. At least I got a full warranty replacement and a damn good price on eBay. Next I went with the Vance & Hines duals, and I'm real pleased. Still have those headers on the bike. I added some tunable Cycle Shack slash cut slip ons, and while I did like the performance on them (esp after I got dynod and we drilled out the baffles), they started turning after just the first weekend I had them mounted! They have just been getting uglier and uglier, and I wanted to make a change not just because of the bluing but at 80mph tourning, which I do pretty frequently for hours at a time, my gawd they were so loud I think I was starting to go deaf. I wanted to make a change, but couldn't really decide which way I wanted to turn next.

Finally decided to try Fullsac Performance, which is just a modification to stock slip-ons. They are touted for very good performance, much quieter esp at touring speeds but still a deeper fuller rumble than the stock pipes, and also I still LOVE the look of the stock pipes. We just got them mounted today, onto my Vance & Hines duals headers, and just after a brief ride tonight I know this is going to be my favorite exhaust system ever. If they don't turn, I doubt I'll be making another change for a good long while, maybe as long as I keep this bike. LOVE the tone, not too loud, just a deep Harley sounding rumble. Performance is excellent - as good as any system I've tried. And I love the way they look, with the pronounced bell to the fat fat body that completely fills up the space under the saddlebags (my Cycle Shacks were so skinny there was a big gap there), smooth excellent quality stock Harley chrome with no ridges or goofy end caps, and that sweet little small angle slash cut. I highly highly recommend.
Sounds like you went thru quite a few exhausts to get what you really like. I have a 2006 Ultra with 95" BB, V&H true dual headers with V&H Oval slipon mufflers, like the look & sound. But, the more I hear about the Fullsac Performance the more interested I'am to try them. What is the cost? Did you get them thru the company/manufacture or thru an indy?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sarge/Kratc;
I just installed mine on my RG. Stage 1, had SE's first w/standard HD map. I had slight decel popping with the original setup. Now that has gone away. Lost a little low torque due to the dual conversion but picked up some hp over the SE's. I'm really happy with them.
Steve own's Fullsac and they are located in Lake Havasu City, Az. You box up your OEM mufflers and send them UPS. He turns them around in 2 business days and ships back UPS. There are no Indy's that deal with them.
Installation is fairly easy with the hard part being the removal of the crossover tube. Follow the instructions! Took about 1 1/2 hrs disassembly and 1 hr assembly. $200 for the mufflers and 179 for the dual conversion. My final price was $397 with shipping! I cant imagine what they would do to Stage 2. (but I'll find out soon!!!) ;)~

1 - 20 of 23 Posts