V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard both on a stock motor. I know the kerkers will probably be louder, will they be as deep a rumble as the full sac, any info appreciated.
gnat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Steam..I have the Kerker slip ons and they sound great. I have an 05 RG. They provide a very nice sound, not to loud but just right for what I like. I got them for 240.00 shipped to my house. The price is right.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I've had both.

The Kerkers were too loud for this 47 year old. The FullSacs are just right. I'm keeping these for a while. No rattle or other issues for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Paniolo, the full sac mufflers have a stepped baffle 1.75- 2.0 inch, I have never heard of anyone doing this-interesting,generally the stepping if at all is done in the header pipe.
gnat

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Paniolo said:
I've had both.

The Kerkers were too loud for this 47 year old. The FullSacs are just right. I'm keeping these for a while. No rattle or other issues for me.
Pan,

How is the volume level on the Fullsacs? Can you still hear the radio at freeway cruise speeds? Is the sound on a stock motor a good old Harley sound or something else? I'm back and forth between them and Wild Pigs.

TIA for the input

Teu

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Teu,

I've not heard the WildPigs in person, so I can't say how they compare. In town and on the street the FullSacs are loud enough to let 'em know you are coming. However cruising at freeway speeds with a steady throttle they are low enough to hear the stereo. But when you get on them, they bark quite a bit. So far for me they are what I have been searching for.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mark,
I have the full sacs and like them,wish they were a decibel or two louder, have located a set of white bros. E-series slip-ons, have you heard them?
gnat

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
steam said:
Hi Mark,
I have the full sacs and like them,wish they were a decibel or two louder, have located a set of white bros. E-series slip-ons, have you heard them?
gnat
Gnat,

I'm sure I have heard them, but I can't recall how they compare to the FullSacs. What size core do your FullSacs have? Mine are plenty loud enough for me.

Mark

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Paniolo said:
Teu,

I've not heard the WildPigs in person, so I can't say how they compare. In town and on the street the FullSacs are loud enough to let 'em know you are coming. However cruising at freeway speeds with a steady throttle they are low enough to hear the stereo. But when you get on them, they bark quite a bit. So far for me they are what I have been searching for.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Thanks for the input. I decided to go ahead and put a Fatcat on the Ultra. On my Heritage, I went through 5 different sets of pipes, looking for the right balance of performance, looks, and sound before I found the Fatcats. I might as well just get it over with and do it right the first time around this time. Besides, if they are too loud, it will just give me a reason to upgrade the speakers/radio :yes: :yes:

Teu

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mark,
Full sac, I believe only offers one standard muffler modification- stepping 1.75 to 2 inch
gnat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.