V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have decided to change out my SE cam plate and oil pump for either the Fueling OE+ pump and plate
Or the S&S TC3 pump and plate. After reading all the tec.info I could lay my paws on I am leaning to the S&S set up. Anyone running either one could you please throw in on this subject for me please. S&S is a wee bit more cash but got a butt load invested on this toy amd want to keep it around for a bit. Thanks for the input in advance.....

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I would leave what you have. The S&S is a 3 stage design, an improvement but this is something that isnt broke. Even the stock plate and pump are adequate. Do not raise the pressure. Remember the lifters are not Jack's, so if there is valve train noise oil is not the fix

·
Super Moderator
19,746 Posts
Okay so I have decided to change out my SE cam plate and oil pump for either the Fueling OE+ pump and plate
Or the S&S TC3 pump and plate. After reading all the tec.info I could lay my paws on I am leaning to the S&S set up. Anyone running either one could you please throw in on this subject for me please. S&S is a wee bit more cash but got a butt load invested on this toy amd want to keep it around for a bit. Thanks for the input in advance.....
Before you spend money on pumps and plates, check the run out on that pinion shaft. If its out past .005 or more, save your money. These high end parts are built for cranks that run true.

·
Registered
285 Posts

I have the S&S forged plate and pump in both of my TC124 engines. No issues and they do exactly what they are supposed to do. The only thing I have to compare them to is my stock '05 bagger. No issues with the pump and plate in it either.

Have always been a bit suspect of the Fueling stuff as they make some pretty big claims about lowered heat, etc. I used the S&S stuff simply because the first set sort of fell off a truck and I wanted both engines to have as much commonality as possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would leave what you have. The S&S is a 3 stage design, an improvement but this is something that isnt broke. Even the stock plate and pump are adequate. Do not raise the pressure. Remember the lifters are not Jack's, so if there is valve train noise oil is not the fix
I probably should of said that the motor has been redone to a 107 from the stock 96. Woods cam & directional lifters S&S push rods CP Carrillo 11.25 /1 pistons. Even changed out the stock crank bearings when I checked out the run out. HPI 55mm throttle body and 4.9 hi flow injectors
I am quite aware of the lifters aren't jacks and of the crank run out if .005 I checked the run out when I put the 107 in it. 11.25/1 CP Carrillo forged pistons Woods cam and directional lifters S&S push rods ported heads 2.0 intake 1.65 exhaust HPI 55MM throttle body ..... all kinds of goodies. Was just asking opinions on the two. Oh and no noise from the valve train. Have okay idle oil pressure of 15 to 20 lbs but the set has 70k on it. The only thing I did nor replace 1500 miles ago when I redid the motor .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actual reading on the run out gauge was .0003 used .0005 just as a response. Thought I put less than but then again i was in a hurry to write it. Was at work at the time. My bad....

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
sometimes your goal,, what you are correcting, in the first post is a great start. rather than..
I built a 107 with alot of great performance parts (well recognized names in first post)
it has a SE pump and plate
I'm looking at fueling and s&s,, which one?
seems like it would be a borderline street engine by compression and cams,, but I dont use woods cams,,,i

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone running any Woods cams with no valve train noise.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
There is not any value added to the upgraded pumps unless yours is shot. I personally I think the Daytona twin power pump from Drag Specialties is fine if more oil is a must. More oil is not always a good thing. More oil results in more oil over the bypass equals more heat and more sump oil to contain. Aerated oil is the result. Less time in the oil pan to loose the air

1 - 12 of 12 Posts