V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked but could not find the old post. I have been asked several times on what I get with the 124, but to be honest I beat it so hard that it was not really a good way to figure the milage, soooo My girl and I went with some freind to Tortia flats lake and I kept did the figuring I am getting 31 mpg on the hwy cruising two up at 80-90 mph with a 5 speed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Much like you, HDWRENCH, I didn't think of fuel milage when I modified my bike (01 FLHR). I have a carbureted 116 with a six speed. My two-up highway milage is usually in the high 30s (say around 38mpg) @ 75 mph in sixth (about 2700 rpm). At 80mph and above, this drops to the mid 30s. In the city, it's a totally different story, as you know! We did a three week trip this summer and my wife, a math teacher, kept track of this stuff.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never have been concerned about fuel milage, not when you build a 124 but making 160+ hp and 170 tq and getting 31 hmmmmm now to get more power and better milage I see a 155 in my future with a turbo now that sounds like fun!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Can't think of anythin on 4 wheels that gets 30 + and is that much fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts