V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike with EFI it is a 2014 street bob 103 I am putting MVA heads on it Andrews 60 cams Woods Rocker supports it 11.1 pistons a 50mm throttle body and 2 into 1 lake pipes. My question is what are the best options for the fuel/mapping system? My friend is a Master tech at Harley and he said he will Dyno tune it to get the absolute max out of it but am wondering if there is more to get say with the cobra 2000 that auto tunes so to speak? All input is appreciated and welcomed regardless of what is said! Like I said I am new to the EFI but the end result I want is the same a smoking rear tire when I twist the throttle without needing to hold the front brake on!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, having an expert tune it on the dyno is the best option. Autotune only determines how much air the engine is using at a given throttle position and rpm, it doesn't make the required adjustments to make good power. An expert tuner is going to get the power out of the bike, not the tuning module. Having a good tuning module (you get what you pay for) allows the experts to perform a more thorough tune on the dyno.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts