V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a real test for electrical savy harley techs. I bought a Kurakyn Informer (LED Fuel Level/Battery Charge) Gauge at a swap meet for $10. Installation pretty simple, works really good and kind of neat looking. Here's the question.. The installation requires cutting wire for Low Level light (2006 Dyna Low Rider) and connecting the LED system wire. Kuryakyn Techie says this is necessary so low level light is not on all the time with the Informer installation. I would like to have the original low level light work in tandem with the Informer gauge but not sure how to wire or if it is even possible since original fuel system ties fuel pump, low level light, and gas gauge together. Anyone got any ideas?:coffee:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spotted a post by someone saying he soldered a diode in series with the gray wire Or Yellow/wire in order to keep the Low Level light functional. I just bought the same gauge and have been reading up on problems and installation tips for this aftermarket gauge. How was the installation on your Harley?

I have to find that post, and asked the guy what was the resistance value of the diode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cmiamt, The Kuryakyn works fine. Its a simple install and the unit works great and is easy to see in the brightest daylight. The Gray wire is power to keep the standard equip Low Level light "out". Bottom line, the standard equip Low Level light will not work with any of the replacement LED gauges even the Harley Davidson LED units. Not a big deal, no one should run based on that light anyway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When it quits runin U NEED GAS!! ONLY time u run out IS LEAVIN THE BAR!!!!! Have the same and works fine!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just bought a informer from a friend but he cut it from pins. It only has the yellow orange and black
Wires like the stock gauge I have on the bike. Could I just cut the stock one off at the top and connect the led gauge?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts