V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who Dares Wins
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 03 Wide Glide that I enjoy riding in almost any tremperature. It's been staying in the 20 and 30's around here. I use a 92 octane fuel and at low speeds around town the bike sputters and hick-ups unless I keep the enrichner knob pulled out. At highway speeds I don't have this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Has any tried any type of fuel additive to help it?

John

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
John:

Assuming you don't have an intake or exhaust leak, it is probably carb icing. Is the carb completely stock?? HD sells a Winter fuel additive that is supposed to help. You can put on a set of the soft lowers on the crash bars (if you have them) and that will probably help too.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Too bad you don't have EFI. That would solve your problem (toldyouso, toldyouso)lol.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
BTW, what does "20 and 30's around here" mean? Rap group? Old movies? Someone's age? blahahaIloveLAhahaha

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was also surprised a month ago when riding in that temperature range that my performance was poor and experienced quite a bit of hiccupping and sputters, thought it was maybe the brand of gas. Last week with temps in the 40s and had none of the above, and nothing else had changed. This was Phillips 66 gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts