V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The S.F Bay area just broke a record today. 25 days of measurable rain for the month of March. Was that translates is 25 days of not getting to ride. Although I snuck a few short rides in on the dry couple of days and between the rain showers.

I don't know how many of you cope with this that live in areas taken over by snow and ice for most of the winter. We're not used to this here in Calif. and to top it off, rain is in the forcast daily until at least Thursday of next week.:badmood:

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
25 days? Poor thing! Try 6 fuc$%^ weeks! ...and the outlook is for at least two more here! and this is stompin' rain, with thunder, lightning, sewage spills and flooding.

I actually picked a great :blink: time to tear apart my bike.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
4 - 6 weeks?

There are some VTF members that are down for 6 months of the year.

Coupled with the fact that we always have to endure snarky comments from the Cali crowd about how ya'll can ride years round leaves me with little sympathy.

You could do what the rest of us do, put on your rain gear and go ride.

:laugh:

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Already doing that...........

DrHeathenScum said:
tear apart the bike??? I think you should be building an ark! ;)
Hey, someone heard you :cool: ARK

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
wyodude said:
4 - 6 weeks?

Coupled with the fact that we always have to endure snarky comments from the Cali crowd about how ya'll can ride years round leaves me with little sympathy.

Rain gear? Cali riders don't have no rain gear! I lived there for most of my life, never even owned a pair of chaps, just more crap to tie to the bike.
I live in Oreygone now and I have ridden every week since fall sept the week my bike was having the motor built.
Oh yeah, I still don't own chaps, got a pair of $8 plastic/rubber rain pants for when it's real bad.

My heart doesn't bleed for you cali's, you guys are always jabbin us about how yer riding here and there all winter, hahaha, I'm riding to the easy riders show tomorrow!!HAHAHA!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
adlerx said:
Rain gear? Cali riders don't have no rain gear! I lived there for most of my life, never even owned a pair of chaps, just more crap to tie to the bike.
I live in Oreygone now and I have ridden every week since fall sept the week my bike was having the motor built.
Oh yeah, I still don't own chaps, got a pair of $8 plastic/rubber rain pants for when it's real bad.

My heart doesn't bleed for you cali's, you guys are always jabbin us about how yer riding here and there all winter, hahaha, I'm riding to the easy riders show tomorrow!!HAHAHA!
Don't group us all together. I have rain gear AND chaps. Granted, I seldom use either, but I do have them both. :yes:

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
wyodude said:
4 - 6 weeks?

Yep, it's been raining almost every day here in the Sacramento area for most of the past month. It's still paradise.

I would recommend that everyone move here but just now we only have room for addtional illegal aliens who are coming in over the border at around 1,000 per hour night and day. Keep smiling. :)

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
adlerx said:

Chaps just make my a** look fat, anyway. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frustrated in Calif

No I would'nt want to try 6 F-ing weeks of your weather. It's true, we cali's do get to ride all year round most of the time. Just not used to this current weather.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
glen073 said:
No I would'nt want to try 6 F-ing weeks of your weather. It's true, we cali's do get to ride all year round most of the time. Just not used to this current weather.
While not as bad here in So Ca. it is begining to get on my nerves a bit. I've been known to walk the dog in the neighborhood mumbling to myself about the wet and cold here. (yeah yeah, I know, you don't know cold...blah blah blah...) We just aint used to it here. It's true if there is a single cloud in the sky we have a "STORM WATCH SAN DIEGO!" But that's just cause it's usually dry here.

O by the way, we have May gray and June gloom to look forward to after all this is over. April might be a bit better but late spring and Summer here are positively gray. Sure, all of you plan your vacations for June and come lay out on our beaches. :D :harhar: Just about the time the tourists go home is when the sun comes out.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I though this was going to be I hate CA thread. Sorry nothing to contribute.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
This weather is nuckin futs! It looks like we will get two rideable days next week, but more rain rain rain... Arrrggghhh.. Yes, us Kalifornians are spoiled little bitches when it comes to weather.

·
Registered
310 Posts
glen073 said:
The S.F Bay area just broke a record today. 25 days of measurable rain for the month of March. Was that translates is 25 days of not getting to ride. Although I snuck a few short rides in on the dry couple of days and between the rain showers.
dude, just ride in the rain. its still better than driving a car to work.

admittedly i dont do too much extra recreational riding in the rain, but just the usual getting around in the rain is perfectly fine.

go for a ride. most of the mornings have been really nice.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Cry me a river. Pun intended. Since you are in Cali, I have heard from most people you guys get to ride year round. Now you get to see what its like to have to wait for a change. :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was just 'typing' with friends in Nebraska and Iowa. 6 inches of snow last week, golf ball size hail and tornado warnings yesterday...and I was bitching about 1/2 inch of rain here in SoCal. Most of them haven't ridden in 2 or 3 months. I'll tough out an earthquake every 10 or 15 years before I go through that crap year after year after year. Good Luck guys!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts