V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people doing to improve the front suspension on their bikes? I have a 2014 Road King that I bought used last November. I immediately found out how horrible the suspension, both front and back was. I installed Bitubo shocks on the rear, and the difference is night and day. The bad part is, it really makes the front seem all that much worse. Every little crack and crevice in the road feels like you're hitting the grand canyon. I've been looking at the Legend Axeo cartridges. Anyone running those?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I just installed a set of Legend Axeo to the front of my 14 Street Glide. Got it out yesterday for it 1st run. Definitely made a difference as it absorbed the horrible road conditions we have here in my area. I'm sure they will even get better once some miles are put on them. Also put some Ohlins on the rear last season... Difference noted instantly..

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
At 1st I thought about it then decided to go for it. Glad I did. Install was straight forward and was up and running soon enough. anxious to get some miles on them as soon as the weather cooperates..

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Very different bikes, but I've run Works rear and progressive springs/gold emulators in the front of mine for a long time and it made a huge difference immediately. IMO, Harley OEM suspensions leave much to be desired.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Very different bikes, but I've run Works rear and progressive springs/gold emulators in the front of mine for a long time and it made a huge difference immediately. IMO, Harley OEM suspensions leave much to be desired.
I've found the progressive springs and gold valve emulators to be awesome as well. Also still adjustable as well between the the valve door adjustments and oil weight. Zero dive and very good handling. Even slamming down from a wheelie they never bottom out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed some Fox QS3-R’s in the rear. Big thanks to my homie Frank at Fox for the hookup. Seems like a big improvement over stock but haven’t really tested, just rode around the block. Installing some Legend Axeo cartridges in the front on Tuesday. Cannot wait to see how good this setup will feel compared to now. My Dyna front end is stiff as f**k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Street Glide Suspension

I had a Harley Dealer put the Progressive Monotube suspension on my 2016 street glide, instantly noticed a clunking noise when hitting small bumps at low speeds you can even hear the clunking noise if you are sitting still hold the front brake and lung your body forward (compressing the front end). Returned the bike to Harley dealer they disassembled and checked the bike, they gave it back to me saying everything was assembled correctly. Since then I have had the bike to two other Harley shops they all tell me the same thing, nothing they can do? I have called Progressive they tell me that there should not be any noise, this has been going on for two years right now I could not recommend a Progressive Monotube suspension too many problems, no one seems to be able to identify and/or fix the problems. I am probably going to remove the Progressive suspension and send it to the recycle center. Looking for advice on other high end suspension for the front of my 2016 street glide?

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
If you can hear it stationary, get a friend and a stethoscope to narrow down where it's coming from.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sounds like you don’t have very good mechanics in the area. There should not be a clunking noise and the fact they could lnt figure out where the noise is coming from yet released the bike as good to go shows I would t want them wrenching on my bike anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I wasn't sold on the progressives. The fact that one fork was spring and the other the cartridge just didn't seem to make sense to me.. Then again what do i know? I'm happy with the Legends..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Malx
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing