V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. First post on this forum. Riding a 95 fxd. 59k miles. Still purrs. I bought the fxd because i prefer the aluminum engine color and that it is ( The dyna family ) reminiscent of the early FL's and FX's. I have always had in mind to turn it into a retro cruiser. This is something that I'd hoped the Motor Company would've done, but I guess its up to me. Any how, I like the 28 deg. rake as it makes for easy turning. So... I've been searching for FL style front ends or trees or whatever. I have only come across trees that seem to be raked. I do not want to give up any rake. Tube length will be close to stock. The 19" tire diameter is similar to the 16" diameter. If anything, it will lower the bike a tad. There are typical wide glide trees out there , but I want the tin. If worse comes to worst, I have access to a machine shop and that means billet. There are sportster conversions and I'm not sure what trees they use. It will be another tip to research. Any help from you will be well received. Thanks, Regis

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome regis101,
Glad to have you and your post is interesting, but way too technical for me (zipping way over my head). Sounds like you have got a good handle on it and there are many others in this forum that will jump in to lend you a hand.
I just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the forum and wish you the best of luck solving your fork situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the good words. My saga continues. I'm gonna' call it ... The Super-Dyna-FL istic- XD ally-ocious. Mmmm, I smell a patent. Happy Trails, Regis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts